• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help what tool do you guys use?

madmo

Hi guys I'm looking to get 1/4 socket set or a general set that contains 1/4 3/8 and maybe 1/2 set.

I've already had some good advice from BEZ just wanted to know what the rest of you use.

I'm leaning towards a halfords socket set lifetime warranty and I go out and buy it tomorrow.

Just leave us a comment on what you have and how long its lasted/ing.

Thanks

cheap cruddy tools will fail over time. 

price is the rule, if its expensive thats for a reason with named brands

take snap-on tools, well known for quality and tooling so they command price.

your cheap socket set sold in maplins for

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

cheap cruddy tools will fail over time. 

price is the rule, if its expensive thats for a reason with named brands

take snap-on tools, well known for quality and tooling so they command price.

your cheap socket set sold in maplins for

Spend as much as you can afford on tools. Teng and halfords pro are worth the spend. I just sold my mechanics tools and chest at the start of the year, some of the teng tools in there where 15 years old and still good, there where some tools I'd had for 25 odd years !

Spend as much as you can afford on tools. Teng and halfords pro are worth the spend. I just sold my mechanics tools and chest at the start of the year, some of the teng tools in there where 15 years old and still good, there where some tools I'd had for 25 odd years !

I've seen a decent halfords pro set I'm either going for the

I was out with my 5th scale a few weeks ago now, mi mates exhaust come loose and i got my snap on hex rail out and tightened it back up for him, the thing is i didn't pick them back up, believe me i was gutted and i went back to look for them and they was gone, i stood there and screamed my head off, i paid a lot of money for them off my guy that come round with the van, iv bought these halfords pro with life time guarantee on them so its got to be half decent stuff to have the guarantee on them, the snap ons had life time guarantee on them but not for leaving them in a field lol! I was proper pi55ed off, but I'll let Yeh no if there any good, i used them today and there a lovely fit, nice and tight in the hex,they don't have a lead to slip like the cheap 5hit does ;)

I was out with my 5th scale a few weeks ago now, mi mates exhaust come loose and i got my snap on hex rail out and tightened it back up for him, the thing is i didn't pick them back up, believe me i was gutted and i went back to look for them and they was gone, i stood there and screamed my head off, i paid a lot of money for them off my guy that come round with the van, iv bought these halfords pro with life time guarantee on them so its got to be half decent stuff to have the guarantee on them, the snap ons had life time guarantee on them but not for leaving them in a field lol! I was proper pi55ed off, but I'll let Yeh no if there any good, i used them today and there a lovely fit, nice and tight in the hex,they don't have a lead to slip like the cheap 5hit does ;)

On man bet that was well annoying...live and learn I guess...which halfords set did you get?...I went to halfords yesterday the set I wanted was out of stock :(...the guy in shop did tell me the ratchets are now covered as well so you've got life time warranty on everything which is pretty good..for sets under Edited by madmo

On man bet that was well annoying...live and learn I guess...which halfords set did you get?...I went to halfords yesterday the set I wanted was out of stock :(...the guy in shop did tell me the ratchets are now covered as well so you've got life time warranty on everything which is pretty good..for sets under