• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

dye time...

evssv

came out better then I thought they would

20150403_165729_zps1emcglex.jpg 20150403_165755_zpsxzuwjm4n.jpglittle'un insisted he wanted sumin dyed. .. 20150403_163739_zpsmvib8pks.jpg..didn't work to well on the fone cover..and now anything n everything white is going in the pan..lol!! 20150403_170305_zpsfempdwca.jpg..Under adult supervision of course. ..

With what dye?

Dyed some bits before and they came out great then tried it again a year or so ago and it didn't work at all :)

Hi guys, what's it like to clean if you wasn't to dye them, leaving them white? Is there any difference, you know like being ruff and mud sticking in the ruff parts ;)

if left white they tend to stain over a period of time n go off white crappy looking

What colour? Looks like a pack of RIT dye.

Just did some in black. Came out great but did need doing twice to get a proper black colour.

John

Black-Dye-Wheels_zpsxf86v4qg.jpg

Kelly green...

side by side 20150403_154638_zpsds6xurqu.jpg 20150403_165729_zps1emcglex.jpg

Edited by evssv

Is it me or are them ST wheels slightly off colour? they look like they could do with being done again.

they look better in real life...I don't wanna go to dark with another dip...plus it's down the sink now anyways. ..I Was gonna try a half green /white combo but jus dropped em straight in..i left the madmax arms in longer that's y they look darker Edited by evssv

They recommend adding a little vinegar and 60C constant temp for deepest colours for nylon. And a little washing up liquid helps keeping the colour even, reduces surface tension.

I kept the pan on the heat...not quite boiling but hot enuff Edited by evssv

It doesn't have to be that hot, it's more about the time than higher heat. Too high and you run the risk of warping thinner walls. Stirring every now and again, seems to help keep colour it even as well.

Oh, and one tip, if anyone's never done it before, keep it well away from your kitchen worktops. One drop is all it takes to stain permanently.

Edited by fornowagain

It doesn't have to be that hot, it's more about the time than higher heat. Too high and you run the risk of warping thinner walls. Stirring every now and again, seems to help keep colour it even as well.

Oh, and one tip, if anyone's never done it before, keep it well away from your kitchen worktops. One drop is all it takes to stain permanently.

well the cooker wiped clean. ..tf!!

All 4 green look fine.

If you wanted to mix the colours I would have contrasted them - green with the yellow, yellow with the green.

Looks fine to me mate.

Al.

...thks. ....Being all 4 green they'll go with the stock st shell I got aswell. . Edited by evssv