• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hackney borough absouluetly useless absoulutely useless

lazkopat

Direct your frustration creatively at your local council and if your level headed enough you might actually achieve something :good:

In the meanwhile read these 2 threads which a search brought up (I know the search feature actually worked for a change lol)

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/166839-whats-the-law/?hl=marshes

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/166890-whats-the-law-part-2/?hl=marshes

• Like 2

Absolutely, I used to run Nitro stuff many years ago and TBH the noise they make annoys the hell out of me now, so I can imagine how irritating it is for people who aren't into RC at all.  With electric cars lots of dog walkers are friendly, people like seeing them in action :)

• Like 1

Why posts about it on a forum then?

Wouldn't a good 90%+ people be unaware of the situation as well,does that make them all unable to comment on it as well when they dont agree with your viewpoint?

You might be a tax payer etc but the land is still not yours to do with as you please even if you have in the past.

I did not say the land is mine. why are you bring land and tax into this. Your missing the point. 

What im saying is although being extra considerate and respecting our surroundings we still get kicked off by rangers although they are the one that said you can go bash further down and you will be fine by us. and then out of no where I get a warning for not to use rcs and to leave. I only go down there to bash either once a week or once every weeks on a late Saturday afternoon.

I will continue to bash  else where at the marshes. If noise was really that bad for the council or the marsh authority then they would of try and challenge us. All they do is use verbal warning against us and not to cooperate despite explaining to them that we've been doing this hobby in the exact location before that luxury apartment was built!!! until it was built and sold it was all good. now the council is turning a blind eye. 

I fail to see the fuss... I know lazko has a very big power supply to go with a decent charger... And that his spannering skills are up to the job...

All you need now is to swap from oxidizing hydrocarbons to letting electrons do their thing...

;)

Jari I'm getting a dbxl soon mate  :thumbsup: Join us at North London meetups around open enfield space for 1/5th  scale action  :xd:

First of all I suspect you might not be the only person to run an RC there. Which means if there is someone else, and they are a bit of an a--e all your being polite and courteous is undone. Happens a lot.

I run a club with a permanent track based on council land - we exclusively run electrics due to the proximity of a lot of houses, and are careful to be good neighbors. But the people who bash on a track when we aren't racing run nitros and net us noise complaints even though they are people who have illegally scaled our fence. And our relationship with the football club that shares our park took a hammering recently due to some inconsiderate local with a Baja who's been tearing up their pitches. He has nothing to do with us, indeed his RC wouldn't even fit on our track, but people just see RC and assume everyone is the same.

But then this happens with skateboards, BMX, MX etc too. A few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

• Like 1

... despite explaining to them that we've been doing this hobby in the exact location before that luxury apartment was built!!! until it was built and sold it was all good. now the council is turning a blind eye. 

As mentioned before, it really doesn't matter that you were there first.  Why would anyone give a toss about a couple of people playing with toy cars?

If you had an established club, with recognised use of land, that could have been a different matter, but just turning up somewhere and messing around isn't the basis for a valid argument.

First of all I suspect you might not be the only person to run an RC there. Which means if there is someone else, and they are a bit of an a--e all your being polite and courteous is undone. Happens a lot.

I run a club with a permanent track based on council land - we exclusively run electrics due to the proximity of a lot of houses, and are careful to be good neighbors. But the people who bash on a track when we aren't racing run nitros and net us noise complaints even though they are people who have illegally scaled our fence. And our relationship with the football club that shares our park took a hammering recently due to some inconsiderate local with a Baja who's been tearing up their pitches. He has nothing to do with us, indeed his RC wouldn't even fit on our track, but people just see RC and assume everyone is the same.

But then this happens with skateboards, BMX, MX etc too. A few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

That sucks so badly, why can't people respect things that others have put time and effort into making properly?

People like that made me so angry!

The use of RC models in public places is goverened by the council under its bylaws. The UK government has issued a set of guidance documents here

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/model-byelaws

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/49837/Model_Set_2_Guidance_notes.pdf

to help local councils come up with bylaws to control the use of models on its public places. The borough of Sutton in London has taken these guidelines and issued a set of bylaws here

https://www.sutton.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=10304

Your local council should have done the same so you should ask the council for a copy

If the local council has not sorted out the bylaws then you have every right to use the public land for RC cars and the use of such is governed by the noise abatement laws. These can be found here

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-neighbour-disputes/complain-about-noise-to-the-council

Strangely the use of models on public land does as linked earlier does not mention cars, only planes.

Nobody has the right to stop you carrying out your recreational activity if it does not contravene the stated laws and is not a general nuisance (Lots of people!) 

• Like 3

Anti-social and disturbance laws have changed a lot over the past few years and are changing as we speak. Due to over population and people in each others pockets many new laws are being put into place to keep the general public happy/in order...nitro bashers are not the general public therefore you will not have the same rights as others due to the fact that the noise of a nitro car is loud and like it or not ****ing annoying.

You can argue the toss with me about your rights or having somewhere to go or how you're not doing any harm etc etc etc or you can try the old this isn't a vehicle/ I have as much right blah blah but you will be told to move on, you will not win a challenge by the council/authorities/police because in their eyes you are causing a disturbance and all they need to prop that claim up is a noise complaint or two. Your cars can be seized and can be destroyed - just like when those irritating mini/pit bikes where are huge craze.

This is what you have to do - turn off your car, pick it up and go somewhere else.

Simple.

Every time people complain, then the rc driver kicks up a fuss it just gives the authorities a reason to look into making proper laws and bylaws to cover the use of cars - i.e: signs that will say "no use of radio control vehicles in this area at any time"..get my point.

This is exactly the reason I have a TRX 3.3 that rarely gets used...maybe once a month..but I have brushless cars that go out everyday - a simple case of putting others before yourself saves a shed load of hassle. The people you argued with - will be keeping an extra ear and eye out for you from now on and will happily complain the second you start your car just to p*ss you off.

Take it from me, it's a lot easier to find somewhere else to go.

• Like 2

If you had an established club, with recognised use of land, that could have been a different matter, but just turning up somewhere and messing around isn't the basis for a valid argument.

I thought you said in your first post you just bash there with no club - if anything that would give more grounds for complaint as no club has had to apply for a permit to use the grounds having to go through the various documentation and applications involved in getting permissions and assessing possible disturbance.

People cannot stop me from doing my hobby on that land provided that it doesn't go into nuisance.

Yes they can - indirectly using noise, disturbance and loitering laws..hell, if they wanted to they could go down the route of pollution harming the environment due to using nitro as I believe the marshes are a conservation area.

Turbofall have you ever been to the hackney marshes? Do you know how big it is and what the marsh is surrounded with before making a counter argument

The conclusion is simples, the council is doing a blanket ban as Tug stated earlier on which is extremely unreasonable without a good reason and 2, brings a great frustration to us rc hobbyists despite we being respectful, listening and considerate on when to run these RCS.

Yes they are and this is a perfect example of the confrontations that a 'blanket' law will protect people that DON'T want to hear your nitro for hours on end.

It really is pointless to get het up about it - just go somewhere else.

Turbofall have you ever been to the hackney marshes? Do you know how big it is and what the marsh is surrounded with before making a counter argument

Why would the peculiarities of the location make any difference to your rights, or lack thereof?

Honestly, it sounds like your argumentative attitude is what would cause a blanket ban; you've not come up with any constructive ideas as to how to deal with the situation, and appear to have dismissed other people's suggestions out of hand.