• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lels Ascender

lel-95

Awesome pics fella, where is that location bud ? Looks a great area for some crawling.

I use the pitbulls on my ascender its a awesome truck with those tyres on, not much stops it, i fitted some crawler inovations double duece foams into mine, makes it even better fella.

Its Stanhope in County Durham, its an ideal place to run, has a nice variety of just about everything! 

I might try new foams in these soon, the standard ones are just a tad soft, the front tyres tend to fold a bit when cornering, i'll have a look at the CI ones  :thumbsup:

Where do you get the Pitbulls from?

Liquid RC

Looks canny there. Might have to get the mog running again and have a ride down myself.

Definitely worth the trip, lovely place 

Found my first 'broken' part, got a bit of a bent link. Not surprised at all with the size of the hills its rolled down, it actually looks like its landed on the link itself  :yes:

I'll straighten it out and make a spare one to keep in the toolbag just incase it completely goes when crawling.

10423957_1578659449075014_74138280310770

Done a bit of wire tidying too. 

11215080_1578659459075013_76137085868127

11204437_1578659479075011_66046654677489

CorrosionX has been ordered too so it'll be waterproof soon hopefully  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Looks like Jconcepts are bringing out new bodies for the Ascender! A '74 Bronco and Ford Atlas Trail. 

I will definitely be getting a Bronco, i'm a Ford person through and through, can't wait :D

http://www.horizonhobby.com/74-ford-bronco-trail--scaler-clear-body%3A-ascender-p-jco0288

Edited by lel-95

Found these Axial hubs in my little box of spares and thought i'd chuck them on, had to reduce the diameter a bit to fit inside the wheel bolts but they look good, adds a bit of scaleism :)

IMAG0874_zps21ts5zhc.jpg

IMAG0875_zpsddps4lgm.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

6  month update :D

I've gave this thing death and not a single piece has broke or let me down, the servo is starting to get a bit slow but after having the whole truck completely submerged in a river on more than one occasion, and considering its not a waterproof servo its not so bad! 

I bought some SSD rims as the steelies were an absolute pig to mount the pitbulls to, i've just filled with with some CI lil'nova foams today. 

I made a lower profile front bumper and took off the rock sliders to aid ground clearance a bit and it has worked. The body is battered but i like the look :D 

IMAG1266_zpstq8noki2.jpg

IMAG1267_zpssnwhpbtc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
2 minutes ago, Derka said:

I can do a build thread if people think its worth while?

I would follow it if you did :good: not a lot of Ascender builds on here  

9 hours ago, ostewart said:

I'll be getting another Ascender once all my Bomber bits sell, can do a build thread but it will be box stock for a while.

More the merrier :)