• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lels Ascender

lel-95

It is a great truck.

I've got to behave (money wise) for the next couple of months, then my gf is willing to buy me an Rc up to

Edited by ostewart

Looking very good out in the sun on the rocks :)

At the price of those metal diff covers, I think I'd stick with stripping the chrome off the plastic ones and paint them black. Especially with that big HR logo all over them, half the problem with the stocker is the logo being there

I like this, do you think you could put a Tamiya unimog body on it? I like unimog.

Ascender has adjustable wheelbase, think shortest option is about the same as the cr01 so it should fit :)

I might have a go at stripping the diff covers tomorrow and painting them, i wanted to do the wheels but they will be changed soon anyway! 

i has a winch now, i also have lights but i think i'll take them back out, i got sick of having to connect/disconnect them every time the shell comes off and i hate having wires everywhere 

11033620_1565317667075859_16367276176456

Edited by lel-95

its just a major faff on and i can't be bothered!

I need a winch bumper and no one currently makes one. The plastic bumper seems strong enough but i can only get 2 bolts into the winch because of the bumper shape. I think i may have a go at making one, how hard can it be :)

ooo i'll check the scalerfab stuff out when its ready  :thumbsup:

started on the diff covers tonight

11042690_1565647810376178_64511756276492

logo filed off

10734066_1565648890376070_68847680094609#

and now they're sitting in a pot of bleach to get rid of the chrome and tomorrow they shall be black!

winch is wired up and working! The bumper is actually quite strong, it'll pull before the bumper flexes so it should be alright for the time being. 

Diff covers are still soaking in bleach, they're about 70% black now, i thought it wouldn't take as long but i'm in no hurry :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzIjE_WgYC4

Small tip on the winch front, always keep your throttle a little bit on, it gives the winch a much much easier time pulling and you won't burn the motor out as quickly!

It'll also get you out of stickier situations :)

Does that winch require any box, or is it just straight plugged into the 3rd channel and you operate it with the trim setting?

I know I was just seeing what it would pull :P

It runs off my 3rd channel with the radio set to suit, I use the trims as my 3rd channel is just a on/off button rather than a 3 way switch. It also has a control board with a button to control it.

still trying to de-chrome the diff covers, so far they've been sitting in bleach overnight, covered in Mr Muscle oven cleaner for hours and are now back in the bleach, seems like its removed the high spots but the larger parts are stubborn  :shockingscary: i dont know what else to try 

11076270_1566034647004161_13714916368901

Don't know what they plated it with but its clearly tough stuff!

Bleach has always worked for me in a couple of minutes, is it neat bleach and not the ready diluted stuff?

Although if oven cleaner hasn't shifted it, the next step up is caustic soda which is all oven cleaner is but if you get the granules and mix your own, you can make it stronger. But that's probably getting a little extreme?!

Its neat stuff from Makro, it has all sorts of warning signs on the bottle so i assume its strong stuff, doesn't seem like it!

i think i may have to try the caustic soda, i'd rather get all the plating off than have to paint them 

Yeah the shocks have been fine, no complaints :) I built mine with green slime and theres not even a hint of any leaking and i've never heard of any others leaking so they must hold up fine too.