• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's RC4WD Gelande II

Cheers lads, it was very fun taking them.

I only wish I could be bothered to re-size and upload them all, took about 250ish lol but at up to 20MB per photo, I think Photobucket would die if I tried to do them all straight from the camera :P

Might go back out tomorrow by myself, two batteries and go for most of the day just for videos and pictures, see what I can put together :)

So here's footage from today finally.

On my own today with the RC4WD G2, really enjoying this rig the more I'm using it.
Right, the video doesn't have very nice transitions because I spent most of the day editing it from almost 25 minutes, got it all perfect, saved it and it messed up, went back onto my editing software and it was screwed up on there too, so just ended up with a single clip to clip style video.
It'll have to do... I do plan on getting some better editing software in the near future to stop mistakes like this happening.

EDIT; removed the video, after uploading it, it had loads of weird stuff going on.

I hate Windows!!!

I'll see if I can edit it again tomorrow, start afresh and crack on with it!

Edited by Oh How Original

You need a plastic weld glue ideally, loads of different brands, I like EMA Plastic weld and Plastic Magic... I also use a Tamiya glue for fast connections then plaster on the plastic weld.

I personally buy mine from my local hobby shop just for convenience but it's available on eBay.

I personally prefer the Evergreen brand, it seems the best quality from the ones I've tried.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest getting a couple of small good quality files as well, helps no end in styrene building, even simple things.

HTH :)

• Like 1

They will no doubt have it, they'll also have brushes and glues I shouldn't wonder.

Another small 'tip'... Don't bother washing the brush after you apply the plastic weld, the end will go hard in a few minutes so won't be wet and as soon it's dipped back in the glue it softens again, saves a lot of messing around cleaning it, when you don't need to.

Braved the weather today to give this new servo a test, decided as I don't want to get this one soaked, I'd put this PowerHD 20kg jobby in here.

Sooooo much better, this is now my 'dry' rig and the SCX10 is my wet rig.

Pity their isn't a waterproof version of this, I will have to buy something better than the Hitec soon, it just doesn't cut it on the rocks!

I didn't take my proper camera with me today, far too windy and I just couldn't be bothered, so just grabbed a couple of shots on my way round.

20150331_160946-2_zps9193cfsc.jpg

20150331_161051-2_zpsgnwqqnes.jpg

20150331_170157-2_zpszi2rks3d.jpg