• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Proline Pro MT owners thread.

shdaxner

Cheers fella :good:

Power plant do I go with 

2/3 s 

Castle 3800kv 

Hobbywing 4000kv 

2s

castle 4600kv 

or the long shot running 3s 

castle 2400kv 

leopard 2400kv 

pinions  wll be a bummer on some with a 5mm shaft I'm guessing as its a 48 pitch ? 

3 hours ago, Noj said:

Much more reliable than an X, suffers less failures than an X, costs considerably less than an X....

What's not to like about the PMT?? :lol:

Lack of UK parts support for one :mf_laughbounce:

but ageed it a lot less headache the the X any day of the week lol :good:

3 hours ago, Noj said:

Much more reliable than an X, suffers less failures than an X, costs considerably less than an X....

What's not to like about the PMT?? :lol:

It's a really expensive boring version of a Stampede though? Seriously don't get the attraction at least at a UK price.

1 hour ago, Guns said:

It's a really expensive boring version of a Stampede though? Seriously don't get the attraction at least at a UK price.

Your fast becoming the ultimate Traxxas fanboy :P

The poor old stampede can only dream of being this well made, oh wait a minute that's not quite right you can take all the upgrades for this that come as stock and fit them to the stampede to make it as good but then that would be boring as well and just as expensive if not more, but at least you'd have that traxxas box to show for all your troubles :D

I've always been a huge Traxxas fan since my first Traxxas kit in the late 90s. I've never hidden that. It's just in my experience Traxxas vehicles are the ones I've had the most fun with, and retain their value on the second hand market more so than most other things at the mo. IMO £339 for a 2wd 1/10th Kit with no electrics is unbelievably expensive. I do concede it probably is the best in that class, but it should be at that price? Combine that with the lack of UK parts?

Cant argue for sub £200 plus Taxes from Tower mind! That DOES kinda make sense.

Used to own a Stampede 4x4 vxl, it was a great truck, this has brought far more enjoyment.

Also, falling on a great deal at the time, it cost less than 240 quid shipped from Germany....

19 minutes ago, Guns said:

£240 still seems alot for a 2wd Monster Truck kit for me? Im sure Power Stroke Shocks have been upgraded since, but the ones I had on my E Maxx were awful for the amount they cost! 

No more expensive than buying a Traxxas Stampede then spending a small fortune upgrading to the same spec as this I wouldn't have thought ? 

• Like 2

The shocks have been OK, had a couple of them drop fluid, sorted with better tightening after re-filling.

Considering the kit has an ally chassis, full protrac kit, proline wheels, tyres and body shell, the cost was most reasonable. 

It's the fact it's 2WD that sorta (for me) just puts it in a category that shouldn't be £500ish all in, using UK prices. It does look quality I admit, but it's 1/8th scale RTR money for a 2wd kit, and it's not like it's a pro level racer? The product does look great, I just think it has no right been anywhere near that expensive in its specific niche.

24 minutes ago, Guns said:

It's the fact it's 2WD that sorta (for me) just puts it in a category that shouldn't be £500ish all in, using UK prices. It does look quality I admit, but it's 1/8th scale RTR money for a 2wd kit, and it's not like it's a pro level racer? The product does look great, I just think it has no right been anywhere near that expensive in its specific niche.

It's all relative, a Xmaxx all in with batteries is £1k, a slash ultimate is £5-600, this is a exspensive hobby when you chase high end kit.

I would perhaps be hesitant to pay UK RRP, but then the shrewd don't....do we ;)

I will confess to running a Traxxas Skully shell.....big green skulls appeal...and it was cheap....

• 4 months later...

So I am joining the group again, saw one on Facebook, brand new kit for £175, the owner won it, and used the new shell and wheels. Even so the wheels from his old one are still in good condition, only the shell is bashed up.

Ordered a Ford shell for it, will be running the Hobbywing Max10-SCT ESC and Hobbywing 3660 4000kv motor, only problem is it's 5mm bore and 48dp pinions are hard to find. Ordered a 23t one from UK stock so it will be up and running, and got a 20t and 22t pinion coming from China.

SRT servo: http://www.insidelinemodels.com/inside-line-shop/servos/srt-servos/srt-dl5020-lv-digital-servo-20kg-0-16-sec-6v-semi-alloy-case-waterproof-p

I'm currently using the DL1015 servo in my E-Firestorm and it's holding up well for the price.

Also got 2 spurs and 2 sets of slipper pads coming from RcMart for spares.

Finished it off today, got the Ford Raptor body to paint though. One thing that's annoying with the RX box is it's really awkward to get the batteries in, might change its position.

IMG_20170119_203111_zpscsffmxqo.jpg

IMG_20170119_203118_zpszd1ses7o.jpg

IMG_20170119_203135_zpselaxocm0.jpg

IMG_20170119_203203_zps2gjf4z2r.jpg

• Like 1