• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Proline Pro MT owners thread.

shdaxner

Been bashing the PMT very hard and this is really the best RC I've ever owned, except for my Losi 5ives...

Managed to break a front lower wishbone :( but was doing silly stuff off some big tree roots.

GET ONE, they are great!

SOLD!!

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know if it's the best price but better than buying from the UK :)

http://www.rc-race-shop.com/proline/4003-00-performance-1-10-monster-truck-kit-p-61234.html

Thanks, i have that page bookmarked since before It's the best price i've seem so far... Thinking about getting a castle sw3 + 1410 3800 combo or are there any better combos out there around 100

Edited by SuperSvahnen-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Power strokes are a bit crap.

Had two collpase on me Friday, have had one go before...the bottoms come loose and dump the oil...

Will try PTFE tape on the threads when rebuilding...

• Like 1

Power strokes are a bit crap.

Had two collpase on me Friday, have had one go before...the bottoms come loose and dump the oil...

Will try PTFE tape on the threads when rebuilding...

Good idea with the PTFE tape....I will also be trying this when I rebuild mine.

They are awesome shocks to be fair, they work flawlessly....I think the reason mine blew a bottom cap maybe due to using 50wt shock oil?

One bottom cap was completely unscrewed, the other about to fall off?!?

Cleaned the threads, refilled with 45wt and nipped up tight...maybe a little too tight, time will tell.

One bottom cap was completely unscrewed, the other about to fall off?!?

Cleaned the threads, refilled with 45wt and nipped up tight...maybe a little too tight, time will tell.

Hmm....must be a common issue as mine has done the same....only problem with mine is I think the bottom cap working its way lose has damaged the threads slightly on one of the bodies.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well damn shdaxner for putting his Pro MT roller up for a good price, now I have no money.

Luckily I had just ordered a WP-SC8 combo, will be swapping the motor from my Blitz (Castle 1410) for the combo motor (3656 4700kv) and putting the Castle 1410 + WP-SC8 in the Pro MT,

Unfortunately I only have a Savox SC1258tg laying around, will do to start with but might want a stronger one in the future.

Hoping this truck is pretty bash proof, as I have my blitz for racing but wanted another RC for bashing, so hoping the Pro MT ticks that box.

Mines been pretty good until it found a concrete block hidden in a patch of grass at full speed, managed to bend the chassis pretty good and stripped the spur, finding spares is the problem

Yeah that is my worry, finding spares, lets hope not much breaks, I'll drive it fairly carefully but still want to get some big air with it, otherwise what's the point in getting a monster truck to bash :)

Would this be a good enough servo for this?

Running off the WP-SC8 should be fine as I run a Savox SC-1257 off my other hobbywing ESC with no glitches.

Want fully waterproof for this to be an all weather basher :)

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/savox-sw-1210sg-waterproof-coreless-steel-gear-digital-servo/rc-car-products/379942

Not enough torque. I ran a 20kg servo and it just wasn't man enough. 

Re spares, rc-race-shop.de have spares, shipping should be cheap enough, just bulk buy spurs and front arms....oh, and maybe a chassis or three :lol: