• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thinking of going to the dark side :)

smeghead28

Been looking at the Losi 5ive more and more recently :)

Bit peeved that it isn't RTR as such anymore and needs radio gear.

I assume that the servos fitted are good enough and dont need replacing straight away with something better?

Can the receiver/servos etc be run from straight from a 2S lipo or is something needed to step the voltage down to 6v?

Would be running with a killswitch but is a 3 channel radio a must for it to work?

Am I right in assuming that the 3rd channel would just give me the ability to shut the car down myself and anything else such as loss of signal etc would be handled by the kilswitch itself?

Thanks.

Why would you spend money on an un proven platform ????

Buy the Proper Losi as everyone knows just how bullet proof they are  :thumbsup:

Dont forget with the AVC you cant run a remote kill switch 

• Like 1

Baja would suit you best then  :thumbsup:

Yeah it would seem the sensible choice but I am still not quite sure yet :)

The DBXL is a bit cheaper and that would pay for a couple of extra couple of bits such as a kill switch.

Also if I do buy the Baja I might buy the kit version so some extra

Well,decided against the 5ive for now as it is very big and I am not sure where I will be able to keep it :)

It is a toss up now between the Losi DBXL and the Baja :)

I've got a dbxl & Depending how mad you bash all it needs imo is a bigger RX pack & a killswitch. mine ran fine with the stock exhaust & filter & the servos are still ok on lipo after 6+ tanks. Plus they can be bought for

Cant go wrong with the baja buddy good choice :thumbsup: . I have the 5bss and the 5sc love them both :yahoo:  :yahoo: , but the dbxl wont go away im so tempted but i also want a 5ive as well arhhhhh cant pick one but dbxl is what im drawn to more