• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

I took mine for a quick bash over the local bmx track yesterday and I lost a wheel, luckily I found the nut. Im really impressed with this truck its tough as old boots, not broken a thing yet and its had a fair few crashes when my daughter has took control (honest!) Only problem Im having is getting the steering straight and keeping the ESC fixed, gonna try silicone sealant for the ESC next as d/s tape doesn't cut it. 

58 minutes ago, t1000 said:

I took mine for a quick bash over the local bmx track yesterday and I lost a wheel, luckily I found the nut. Im really impressed with this truck its tough as old boots, not broken a thing yet and its had a fair few crashes when my daughter has took control (honest!) Only problem Im having is getting the steering straight and keeping the ESC fixed, gonna try silicone sealant for the ESC next as d/s tape doesn't cut it. 

Trim tape from the car bodyshop is good, though being an MT i'd put a couple tie wraps round to take some of the strain.

40 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Trim tape from the car bodyshop is good, though being an MT i'd put a couple tie wraps round to take some of the strain.

Yeah I tried a adhesive pad from Halford's that is used for mounting your rear view mirror but that failed. Tie wraps is a good idea! 

Just now, t1000 said:

Yeah I tried a adhesive pad from Halford's that is used for mounting your rear view mirror but that failed. Tie wraps is a good idea! 

Not mirror pad, bodywork trim tape - make sure all surfaces are clean and grease free, apply, leave overnight and bingo.  Def tie wraps as well though.  The MTe esc mount does the job, and does flex to absorb some shocks but it's not perfect.

1 hour ago, t1000 said:

What you want is number plate fixing tape ;) I use it and just add a cable tie never had it come loose yet 

This is the stuff I use 

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/double-sided-foam-tape-25mm-x-10m-n93al

On 2/20/2016 at 15:59, mydoddy69 said:

I use blue thread lock on those bolts and haven't lost one yet ;)  But I wouldn't recommend using the stronger red .

There is some play or slop on the steering it's fine but just make sure it's all lined up correct and everything is nice and tight 

thanks mydodd69. finally added some thread locker after my last run today. just that i play on soil/grass area, so every run i actually have to clean up the rig, hence the need to remove the tires and all every after run.

using the 2 engine plate mount beams as front chassis support, and so far they are holding amidst the jumps and crashes:lol:

pretty sturdy rig haven't broken anything, just some lost screws :asleep:

On 2/20/2016 at 17:40, t1000 said:

my ESC was zip-tied already when i bought from my LHS, hahaha they already know the issue i guess.

yup, the MTe seem to be a tough truck as i haven't broken anything as well, just lost some screws and wheelnuts on my frist run, so know i tighten the nuts with pliers, and add thread lock to the screws

12 minutes ago, evssv said:

Pliers:doh:..geta proper size socket or the like...u'll Round  the nuts off using  them. ...:yes:

got some sockets, but if you look at the nut, there are indents where your slim nose pliers can fit perfectly without danger of rounding anything:D

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Finished my shell off this afternoon finally lol 

DSC00237%201_zpsyudcmucw.jpg

DSC00238%201_zpsh2eaytof.jpg

DSC00239%201_zps3gia4z7m.jpg

Oh and i put a set of badlands on for giggles but i may try it out like this to see what its like lol 

DSC00242_zpsngxmevr5.jpg

Funnily enough I was tempted to do the same!

29 minutes ago, Guns said:

Looks immense on Mashers!

still waiting for the Plus.....

Cheers fella the plus does come  with some better looking boots IMO but other than that there's not much to worry about IMO from what I've seen although I will be getting the new springs ;) 

1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

Funnily enough I was tempted to do the same!

Just had a quick blast over the park on these badlands omg what a difference it makes, was great fun think I'll leave them on for a while. 

3 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Just had a quick blast over the park on these badlands omg what a difference it makes, was great fun think I'll leave them on for a while. 

:thumbsup:

They don't look too out of place on there tbh either.

I'm thinking of getting some new boots for mine soon, deciding between trencher X and blockades what do we think?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Devin said:

I'm thinking of getting some new boots for mine soon, deciding between trencher X and blockades what do we think?

Of the two I'd get the Trencher's - there my favourite tyre, though only just edging the mashers.

Blockades not a lover of trenchers don't get what all the hype is for them, there okay but terrible in the wet or damp. I'd say there just on par with he stock tyres but have the edge on more sidewall is all 

yep looks that way when you planning on getting them ? 

Not for a while yet as they are Hella pricy lol

2 hours ago, Devin said:

Not for a while yet as they are Hella pricy lol

Aren't they just.  One of the reasons I bought AJ's Mte (and the shell) as by the time I sold off the chassis with my unused stock shell I'd gotten the upgraded wheels and shell very reasonably.

16 minutes ago, t1000 said:

I've seen them before, at Asiatees I think - and postage killed the value.  They should come in at just under £50 from HK Eu so slightly more than a good pair of Proline 40 series used.  I love the sidewall detail.