• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

4 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Well I've put mine to bed for the winter by the looks of it.

Then I decide to buy some more lipo's for it :rolleyes:

How backward Irish is that :lol:

Wouldn’t worry I bought a set of 4s for my Losi MT then remembered I’d sold it lol :@.@:

• 1 month later...

Gave mine a good thrashing on 6s today. Went well till I hit a tree at near full jam... Couldn't steer away from it because the front wheels were slightly off the ground.... :D

Bent the chassis a lil bit, easily fixable. But need a new hinge pin and holder.

On another note, does anyone know if you can buy the screw-pins separately in the following link?
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/H94071/hobao-mt-wheel-hex-hub

1 hour ago, Vr5fx said:

Gave mine a good thrashing on 6s today. Went well till I hit a tree at near full jam... Couldn't steer away from it because the front wheels were slightly off the ground.... :D

Bent the chassis a lil bit, easily fixable. But need a new hinge pin and holder.

On another note, does anyone know if you can buy the screw-pins separately in the following link?
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/H94071/hobao-mt-wheel-hex-hub

If there the same as the ones that hold the diff cups on the gearbox then not from Hobao.  I seem to remember Rich or someone saying Traxxas sold them though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2017 at 07:24, Vladocbr said:

Hi.

I'm still not purchase the CVD,s but found another solution. The centre driveshaft on HPI Trophy truggy is same size as the MT rear dogbones. They are little thick 4.2mm (hobao 4.0) and really stronger. After few runs they look great. Here in Bulgaria they cost only 11£.:D

How are those driveshafts holding?

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, I'm away from home and the truck (hence the question!)  - I need to replace the front centre outdrive pin - the one that's threaded on one end and fits through the output cup and the wheel hex pins (same design, smaller).  I don't need a new cup (or pair, ty hobao) just the pins - I remember a traxxas?  Arrma?  part that fits but can't find p/n - anyone help please?

ta

Look like this:

Traxxas-Screw-pin-4x15mm-6-Z-TRX5145

9 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Guys, I'm away from home and the truck (hence the question!)  - I need to replace the front centre outdrive pin - the one that's threaded on one end and fits through the output cup and the wheel hex pins (same design, smaller).  I don't need a new cup (or pair, ty hobao) just the pins - I remember a traxxas?  Arrma?  part that fits but can't find p/n - anyone help please?

ta

Look like this:

The savage uses screw shafts like that too, maybe check them ones

49 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

ta

Look like this:

An Arrma search bought this up?

https://www.hobbytown.com/4x2.5x13mm-screw-shaft-set-2-by-arrma-ara713005/p228936

Traxxas search gave me this by Integy?

https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=17461&p_catid=268&ratesortby=New#.WsONQX8o-1s

Both M4 thread 2.5mm shaft. Is that right?

10 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

An Arrma search bought this up?

https://www.hobbytown.com/4x2.5x13mm-screw-shaft-set-2-by-arrma-ara713005/p228936

Traxxas search gave me this by Integy?

https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=17461&p_catid=268&ratesortby=New#.WsONQX8o-1s

Both M4 thread 2.5mm shaft. Is that right?

Cheers Dax - found those too.  I've a nagging mem that the grub screw is M5

21 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Bummer if it is.

Just found a bag of 6 for a Yeti:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Screw-Drive-Shaft-M4-x-2-5-x-12mm-pin-6-Yeti-set-grub-screw-AXA0286-Driveshaft-/122757378485

Edit: Insane idea but could work as a stop gap:

1. What if you cut a metal rod the right diameter down so it sticks out both ends when put in.

2. Get the dremmel and carefully cut a small slot all the way round it at both ends.

3. Get some e-clips (2mm?) and fit them in the slots once in the cup.

Something like the little shaft at the bottom:

pd7228.jpg

Edited by dazp1976

27 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

these any good?? M5X3X22mm, - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-RACING-86632-SCREW-SHAFT-M5X3X22mm-x10-STEP-SCREWS-NEW-GENUINE-PART/311918012549?epid=651865803&hash=item489fc32885:g:K9UAAOSwpHlZbL2x

Just now, dazp1976 said:

savage ones are m5

2 minutes ago, stonedef said:

Thanks, didn't find those - bit long - HPI 86095 are 18mm long - though yours work out a tadge cheaper so i've ordered - fingers crossed!  Ty

26 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

3 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

savage ones are m5

Thanks, didn't find those - bit long - HPI 86095 are 18mm long - though yours work out a tadge cheaper so i've ordered - fingers crossed!  Ty

My Center gearbox ones are M4 x 2.5mm

Can't really see the front/rear diff ones so hopefully you've got the right ones there.

Handy for me to know.

7 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

savage ones are m5

no worries, hope they work

23 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

My Center gearbox ones are M4 x 2.5mm

Can't really see the front/rear diff ones so hopefully you've got the right ones there.

Handy for me to know.

I hope so too.... 

I've just got them to double check - and their reading the calipers wrong (electronic ones but batt is dead :/)  I've got them to put a screw in and send me a pic.... it's M4.

Ordered these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-TK-10-86094-SCREW-SHAFT-M4X2-5X12MM-Stainless-Steel-HD/253524000377?hash=item3b07353e79:g:H6QAAOSwwE5WXK-l

3 hours ago, capri-boy said:

I hope so too.... 

I've just got them to double check - and their reading the calipers wrong (electronic ones but batt is dead :/)  I've got them to put a screw in and send me a pic.... it's M4.

Ordered these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-TK-10-86094-SCREW-SHAFT-M4X2-5X12MM-Stainless-Steel-HD/253524000377?hash=item3b07353e79:g:H6QAAOSwwE5WXK-l

Wish I'd waited.

I ordered the Axial ones (tensile rust buckets :lol:) earlier just in case when they're gone they're gone :rolleyes:

Handy for the bits box.

54 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Wish I'd waited.

I ordered the Axial ones (tensile rust buckets :lol:) earlier just in case when they're gone they're gone :rolleyes:

Handy for the bits box.

Always the way. Now found a split screw head in one wheel help. Going to fun getting it out.  Truck now.lloks like this

received_1589719127744575.jpeg

Almost an hour extricating a drive pin out the MTe hub.  Tried everything to get it out without drilling and damaging the hub but in the end i've lost the threads so will have to use a grub down the end to hold a 'floating pin' until a new pair of hubs arrive (OOS in the UK....). Least I don't have to mess around finding 2.5mm pins with a 3mm headless socket on the end (FWIW Gmade sell some that look like they fit, Team Magic def do but for the price you might as well buy new hobao hubs with pins inc.)

MTe has annoyed me greatly in the last two days.

8 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Almost an hour extricating a drive pin out the MTe hub.  Tried everything to get it out without drilling and damaging the hub but in the end i've lost the threads so will have to use a grub down the end to hold a 'floating pin' until a new pair of hubs arrive (OOS in the UK....). Least I don't have to mess around finding 2.5mm pins with a 3mm headless socket on the end (FWIW Gmade sell some that look like they fit, Team Magic def do but for the price you might as well buy new hobao hubs with pins inc.)

MTe has annoyed me greatly in the last two days.

I changed the hexes on mine to standard ones off the Hyper ST and normal 17mm wheel nuts, the grub-pins in the MTe are utter trash, all 4 grub-pins in the hexes were broken.  Same goes for the outcups on the gear box (lost one), those are pins now too.

On that note... I have to rebuild my gearbox, my layshaft is bent

1 hour ago, Vr5fx said:

I changed the hexes on mine to standard ones off the Hyper ST and normal 17mm wheel nuts, the grub-pins in the MTe are utter trash, all 4 grub-pins in the hexes were broken.  Same goes for the outcups on the gear box (lost one), those are pins now too.

On that note... I have to rebuild my gearbox, my layshaft is bent

Ouch.  I've had issues with the output cup pins - cheese metal that due to the stresses mate themselves with the cups and don't like to come out.  Wheel hex's i've not had an issue till now - 1 out of 8 and the third or 4th time they've been off - one of the rigs has had a fair amount of use too.  

I've spare hubs and pins, just didn't really want to put a grub screw down the axel to hold one, then have to adjust the size of the locking screw through the outer nut - so have decided to wait.  Paid for expedited delivery so expect new hubs and pins here by end of next week.

How did you bend a layshaft?

2 hours ago, capri-boy said:

Ouch.  I've had issues with the output cup pins - cheese metal that due to the stresses mate themselves with the cups and don't like to come out.  Wheel hex's i've not had an issue till now - 1 out of 8 and the third or 4th time they've been off - one of the rigs has had a fair amount of use too.  

I've spare hubs and pins, just didn't really want to put a grub screw down the axel to hold one, then have to adjust the size of the locking screw through the outer nut - so have decided to wait.  Paid for expedited delivery so expect new hubs and pins here by end of next week.

How did you bend a layshaft?

Hope you get yours back up and running soon, they are awesome when they are working..... 

I assume it's the layshaft, I could be wrong. It's the shaft that the spur sits on... It's bent to the point that I can't get a good mesh. At a guess, a bad landing caused the motor to jump over, or the time I hit a tree, that would make sense.  I only noticed when the pinion stripped...

T-bones would be awesome sauce for this truck, I tried the ST one for size, but the skid is too short to fit.  

11 hours ago, Vr5fx said:

Hope you get yours back up and running soon, they are awesome when they are working..... 

I assume it's the layshaft, I could be wrong. It's the shaft that the spur sits on... It's bent to the point that I can't get a good mesh. At a guess, a bad landing caused the motor to jump over, or the time I hit a tree, that would make sense.  I only noticed when the pinion stripped...

T-bones would be awesome sauce for this truck, I tried the ST one for size, but the skid is too short to fit.  

Do you still have the shaft from the slipper conversion to fall back on?

15 hours ago, Vr5fx said:

Glad I I bought the 2 speed nitro box off ebay when they were £20.

I'll just swap the gears out when/if I need to use it.

Can't believe the lack of spares on bay for these.

Everyone who wants a 1/8th basher should have one of these and be done with it.

Guess not that many people have them or they don't break often enough for the spares demand :( 

I've got 10 more 3s to change to XT90's for this now, oh joy. I only have 6 that I can use atm :lol:

Get great run time with 6s and the 1550kv.

53 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Glad I I bought the 2 speed nitro box off ebay when they were £20.

I'll just swap the gears out when/if I need to use it.

Can't believe the lack of spares on bay for these.

Everyone who wants a 1/8th basher should have one of these and be done with it.

Guess not that many people have them or they don't break often enough for the spares demand :( 

I've got 10 more 3s to change to XT90's for this now, oh joy. I only have 6 that I can use atm :lol:

Get great run time with 6s and the 1550kv.

eBay breakers no doubt had access to the Mk1's when the Plus came out.  Spares prices generally aren't too bad if you shop around.