• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

15 minutes ago, TheDriver said:

Thanks...

Can you rustle me up a link to the type I need.

What type of screw is it in that servo, are they all a standard size.

Thanks pal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TC211-RC-R-C-1-Point-1-10-1-8-Alloy-Steering-Servo-Horn-Arm-Black-24T-24-Teeth-/360965168926?hash=item540b335f1e:g:QI0AAOSw-nZToU8w

12 minutes ago, Guns said:

Ouch.  I normally pay £1.15 each from China, £2-3 from the uk 'sellers' that are really just reshippers.

c

Just now, capri-boy said:

Ouch.  I normally pay £1.15 each from China, £2-3 from the uk 'sellers' that are really just reshippers.

c

So do I normally, Always order one with my Servo, usually from RC Mart lol

Finally got to take out the Mte today, running on 6s. My first time running 1:8 scale. Im shocked..its a beast. Dangerous in the hands of a novice driver.

I noticed mention in this thread of running on 5s...how are people doing that, a single 5s battery?

I might try a pair of 2s

5 minutes ago, TheDriver said:

Finally got to take out the Mte today, running on 6s. My first time running 1:8 scale. Im shocked..its a beast. Dangerous in the hands of a novice driver.

I noticed mention in this thread of running on 5s...how are people doing that, a single 5s battery?

I might try a pair of 2s

5s is matching 2s and 3s in seriers same as 6s, personally I found 5s to be the trucks sweet spot.. If you want a matching pair of lipos give me a pm as I still have mine and I'm sure we could work out a deal ;) 

Got it today :D Took it out of the box that's about it.

Will give it a check over and change a couple of things.

Just noticed I've a SkyRC 1550kv in my repertoire so may throw that in on 6s for runtime and keep the speed sensible :boredlook: :lol:

Don't want to kill the 2200kv one just yet :D

Bloomin' ebay purchases :ack:

Looks like I'll have to go with the 4082 1600kv Leopard.

Who's idea was it to put the motor mount that far back?

The Skyrc motor I wanted to use only has a 15mm shaft so the pinny isn't on the shaft much when fitted.

Might look at making a new mount or new mount slots if I can be bothered.

The wiring/soldering on the Max8 and Castle copy is atrocious so those won't be up for sale,  they'll have to go in something else once I tidy those up. Had a deans series harness lead on it that was only 14awg cable as well :lol: 

And one of the wheels is dodgy so can't shift those either.

Camber & toe are all over the place.

Just changed the steering mod, it was at 44mm which didn't look right to me so I've made a bar at 48mm which does look better. It could do with a bit taking out behind the diff to give it more throw tbf but not sure you can yet.

Keep me busy messing for a bit.

At least I've 1 clean & 1 basher shell I suppose :rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheDriver said:

What shells fit.....ive flipped soo many times now. Im planning ahead.

I want a basher shell...

ajny 1/8th will fit.:yes:..may neeed new holes reamed out though....:good:...and invest in sum goo and skrim tape for ur new one....:good:..it`ll last a lot longer trust me

Edited by evssv

Any tips dudes. my esc i think is a Hobbywing QUICRUN WP8BL150 BL ESC

When I connect a program card I can only program 5 out of 10 of the options.? Tried two different program cards.

44 minutes ago, evssv said:

thunder tiger used to use  rebranded hobbywing esc`s but u would only get a few options on the cards....not the full list as u would with a gen hobwing esc....:good:......

Hate it when they get crapped by 3rd party firmware :ack:

Ive shoe goo my original shell and used some of that vinyl wrap on the outside in the higher impact areas (roof and rear end)

I guess you cant flash the firmware of hobbywing rebrands?

4 hours ago, TheDriver said:

Ive shoe goo my original shell and used some of that vinyl wrap on the outside in the higher impact areas (roof and rear end)

I guess you cant flash the firmware of hobbywing rebrands?

Doubt  full  .:rolleyes:..what r needing to change  anyways? ?

Well. Still going over my purchase. Just noticed the chassis has a sideways bend in at the front at the kick-up point :rolleyes: 

Not major though so I'll live for now.

Stuck a Skyrc TS150 and Leppy 4082 1600 in it. Gone for 18t pinny as a start point with Proline Shockwave/Desperado boots. Thinking Black for the clear shell.

Shame for the nitro cut-outs on the other, quite like the orange/black.

1 hour ago, TheDriver said:

1 hour ago, evssv said:

depends what shell u got dude....these only fit the first models shell I thk...:good:

Like the one I just got. You can see them at the back.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1