• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

Glad your enjoying it Jim, to be honest I've ditched the X Maxx and gone back to bashing this instead if the truth be told, it's just a shed load more durable and give me more fun factor as I'm never worried it will break lol ..

These new cvds are awesome fella just a pity they've become like chickens teeth to get hold of :( 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Glad your enjoying it Jim, to be honest I've ditched the X Maxx and gone back to bashing this instead if the truth be told, it's just a shed load more durable and give me more fun factor as I'm never worried it will break lol ..

These new cvds are awesome fella just a pity they've become like chickens teeth to get hold of :( 

I think mini300bhp on ebay has some.

Edit: Manual says the rear dogbones are 133mm. I'm kinda thinking the HPI Trophy ones will fit. Hub bearings are the same size too.

Edited by dazp1976

I think my MTE is due a new steering rack as it turns better one was than the other when the wheels or on the ground but turn equally when in the air I'm guessing it's worn out?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

try tightening the servo saver, mine does that and that was BNIB.

It's literally locked down as of now and it's still loose when turning one way so I'm at a loss

21 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

I think mini300bhp on ebay has some.

Edit: Manual says the rear dogbones are 133mm. I'm kinda thinking the HPI Trophy ones will fit. Hub bearings are the same size too.

Cheers fella sadly he has the old style ones I'm after the new ones Op-0083N I've a had another set on order with a Hobao for a few weeks now and the order still says processing lol so it might be a while before anymore are released ..

Im after replacing the dog bones to these new cvds all round as the just so much better, but thanks for the heads up ;) 

7 minutes ago, Devin said:

I think my MTE is due a new steering rack as it turns better one was than the other when the wheels or on the ground but turn equally when in the air I'm guessing it's worn out?

You might want to try adjusting the servo link and the steering links sounds like you got one or both unequal. How you finding that link fella made much of a difference on turning radius for you ? 

• Like 1

You might want to try adjusting the servo link and the steering links sounds like you got one or both unequal. How you finding that link fella made much of a difference on turning radius for you ? 

The new link gas improved the turning greatly thanks, I've checked all the links and it's all seems fine, they turn equally when it's in the air but it struggles one way but is normal the other way

1 minute ago, Devin said:

The new link gas improved the turning greatly thanks, I've checked all the links and it's all seems fine, they turn equally when it's in the air but it struggles one way but is normal the other way

Cheek for binding or maybe somethings come loose then failing that try a new steering setup there's some cheap on eBay ;) 

• Like 1

Cheek for binding or maybe somethings come loose then failing that try a new steering setup there's some cheap on eBay [emoji6] 

Yeah I'm just gunna go for a new set up

32 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Cheers fella sadly he has the old style ones I'm after the new ones Op-0083N I've a had another set on order with a Hobao for a few weeks now and the order still says processing lol so it might be a while before anymore are released ..

Im after replacing the dog bones to these new cvds all round as the just so much better, but thanks for the heads up ;) 

Ah yeah. I forgot you've got the beefier ones that need the option diff outdrives for the bigger ball. My bad :doh:

14 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I can confirm the Mte plus has front only cvds, is that an upgrade over the V1 Mte?

No jim fella they both had front cvds and rear dogs although I think the really early release had dog bones all round but I'm not a 100% sure. 

Im using the new improved cvds there beefier and stronger but you need new outdrives to use them ..

I've never had one pop out had them bend and snap and take out the outdrives a few times ..

I think Vaz got the very first batch which was made by ofna and for some reason wasn't quite as good as the Hobao version. I was surprised to see he even bothered with the plus if I'm honest as he didn't get on with the the first version at all and after his review he pretty much slated it to anyone that would ask about it ..Maybe it's another freebie ? who knows I dare say he'll still find fault somewhere or other with it .. 

18 minutes ago, Devin said:

Well I think I have well and truly stuffed my rear diff

Internals or the ring and pinion, or worse still both ! . ? 

Beleive it or not I'm still running the same set of diffs it came with after a year and what must be close to 200 runs now if not more, broken a fair few outdrive cups and snapped a few driveshafts but the diffs have been ace 

Internals or the ring and pinion, or worse still both ! . ? 

Beleive it or not I'm still running the same set of diffs it came with after a year and what must be close to 200 runs now if not more, broken a fair few outdrive cups and snapped a few driveshafts but the diffs have been ace 

No idea atm I'm planning to take it apart tomorrow and have a look.

I've blown to rear diff so far however this is after back flips on concrete so can't blame the truck lol

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

No idea atm I'm planning to take it apart tomorrow and have a look.

I've blown to rear diff so far however this is after back flips on concrete so can't blame the truck lol

No slipper installed then Devin?

Yeah I agree, I'm trying to find a complete rear diff so I don't have to take my current one apart but no luck as of yet

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Yeah I agree, I'm trying to find a complete rear diff so I don't have to take my current one apart but no luck as of yet

The internals  and case are the good ol Hyper 7 ones (hence the reason there generally excellent) - ring and pinion from memory are neither H7 or ST.  A quick google suggests 29T crown and 9t pinion.  MT parts seem to have dried up a little at the breakers, poss as CML have shifted all/most of the stock of the original model.

15 hours ago, capri-boy said:

The internals  and case are the good ol Hyper 7 ones (hence the reason there generally excellent) - ring and pinion from memory are neither H7 or ST.  A quick google suggests 29T crown and 9t pinion.  MT parts seem to have dried up a little at the breakers, poss as CML have shifted all/most of the stock of the original model.

Yep I have noticed that aswell, I emailed RC Willpower about the lack of of parts and I got this reply 

Yes, it will back to stock very soon. However, due to Hobao factory's business decision, the price of all Hobao Hyper spare parts will be increased. Thanks!

So let's hope that they don't become silly money in the future !