• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

46 minutes ago, NuttyProfessor said:

ive wreaked my pinion and spur, full power on 6s, lost brakes so thought ah well, pinion has spun off but no, new pinion and spur needed.

I have a cnc  spur if you need one, PM me for info ;) 

I finally got my outdrives and the tower brace in so now i can fit these new CVD's 

0F2AFCA9-045C-40EE-A340-801E28B23B5F_zps

If you compare the new outdrives to the old there are quite a few differences main one being there bigger 

37D053A4-3175-45C6-A5E6-5D771858F03F_zps

So sadly unless you buy the new outdrives the new cvd's wont fit as the ball end is bigger and does not fit into the old outdrives, so be warned before you go out and order the new CVD's your need both parts  part numbers are 94077 for the out drive and OP-0083N for the cvd ..

Now i just need to get them fitted up and test them out ;)

• Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 17:22, Bigjimknickers said:

Buuuuut....

remember the Mte also needs a wheelie bar/brace/slipper unit ideally, this is an extra £50+ on top of the £430 that should really be factored in straight away.

Devils advocate here:

Wheelie bar is personal choice (i'm sure most prefer to run one obv) and the brace can be done for about £12 if you aren't fussy about using the optional upgrade.  That leaves the pinion - did you run yours Jim?  My friend with the Plus has run his stock and it seemed to survive much better than our original ones.  Staying direct drive the CNC spur isn't a deal more expensive than a replacement stock part, and if wanted the slipper unit can be had much cheaper than UK price via RC-Willpower.

I do agree partly though that considering the price then a basic brace at least should be there - a reinforced plastic option would work well and in bulk add fractions of $ to the bill of manufacture.

I just got some 6mm studding and cut it down to make 2 braces, cost me £2.50 for a metre length with 8 nuts chucked in. I didn't like the height of the standard wheelie bar so made my own mount bolted to the wheelie bar to drop the wheel down by 2 inches. Id rather keep the locked centre gearbox, like having 100k oil in there. Once I get the CNC spur off mydoddy69, ive got a hardened steel pinion, just need to drill the grub screw out but doddy has kindly bunged me an old one to get it running again. Haven't touched the front and rear diffs yet but could do with putting 10k oil in there. Ran it on buggy tyres to get the geometry right and it ran really well, just needed taller gearing.

Just to check. Will the battery boxes take a 50mm x 30mm 3s?

I've seen some use a 50x27mm. Want to know if a 30mm will fit for the biggest mah possible ;) 

Thanks in advance.

Looking at the 80% complete version. I have a 1700kv + servo already so I'd only need an esc.

Edited by dazp1976

34 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Just to check. Will the battery boxes take a 50mm x 30mm 3s?

I've seen some use a 50x27mm. Want to know if a 30mm will fit for the biggest mah possible ;) 

Thanks in advance.

Looking at the 80% complete version. I have a 1700kv + servo already so I'd only need an esc.

No fella the biggest is a 28 mm , I suppose you could always split the tray and use the Velcro straps to hold them in  ? 

Managed to get the grub screw out of a new 18t RW pinion I had laying around. Took a hacksaw and a flathead screwdriver but ive got good mesh with the new CNC spur, buttery smooth with a dab of red and tacky.

its a versatile vehicle, can run it as an MT or gear up and run it as a wide buggy or get Truggy wheels.

6 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

I'm still undecided yet. Would be for a winter time model when the grass isn't good for the Truggy. 

It's either that or sell everything up completely and buy myself a cnc machine.

Lol that's a different turn of direction RC car or cnc machine ;) 

Cheeky ask guys, but does anyone have a set of slipper pads spare?  CML are OOS  and no seems to list them so unlikely to be stock floating around.  I really should have sourced a couple spares myself but forgot.

36 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Cheeky ask guys, but does anyone have a set of slipper pads spare?  CML are OOS  and no seems to list them so unlikely to be stock floating around.  I really should have sourced a couple spares myself but forgot.

I don't have any spares chap sorry but you can buy them here and there in stock ;) 

http://www.rc-willpower.com/Cart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=28514&search=Op+0099

13 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I don't have any spares chap sorry but you can buy them here and there in stock ;) 

http://www.rc-willpower.com/Cart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=28514&search=Op+0099

Cheers, saw they had them but was hoping to be back running a little quicker.

NVm!

13 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Needs my nut and bolt fix ! Now you know why I did it lol 

Been testing out these new cvds and so far so good so much so I just ordered another set for the rear ;) 

Don't know why they bother with non captured hinge pins on rc's. O.k. it gives you quick access to the diffs and the like at the cost of the pins popping out. I found the Vorza the worst for it as the suspension blocks where the pin is held are very thin. Never had a problem once I put captured ones in. Just have to half strip it to get diff access instead.

Nut & bolt mods or proper captured pins that fit should be on everything ;) 

On 8/7/2016 at 09:32, mydoddy69 said:

I finally got my outdrives and the tower brace in so now i can fit these new CVD's 

37D053A4-3175-45C6-A5E6-5D771858F03F_zps

So sadly unless you buy the new outdrives the new cvd's wont fit as the ball end is bigger and does not fit into the old outdrives, so be warned before you go out and order the new CVD's your need both parts  part numbers are 94077 for the out drive and OP-0083N for the cvd ..

Now i just need to get them fitted up and test them out ;)

Seen your YT vid and I had a thought. Went to find my old Savage x ones not Flux/xl (for an hour) to measure up the shaft part, they take an 8.9mm ball end as well so could've been a good substitute when Hobao run out. Guess what, think I sold them off :doh:

Edited by dazp1976

• 3 weeks later...

Took mine out to an old field I know of from when I where a lad, it ran like a champ, the floureons where excellent, & I'm now practicing full length field wheelies! It's a total blast this truck & tough too, I did a pretty big cartwheel across the field after a wheelie went wrong & I though it was a day ending crash. But nope on it went!! 

• Like 2