• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi DBXL owners club

Bigjimknickers

Thanks guys, I know sambas are great all rounders, but I just fancied something different, I've just took it up the road & it's got some beans!!

I'll get a vid & try a tune tomorrow hopefully, I'm impressed, sounded great & I really like the power delivery!

Next mod:

ESP head kit...

;-)

I'm kidding really, I will get the head kit, but only when I'm bored of the 23cc, & from what I've seen what people can get from it, looks like it'll be a while yet for me.

I need a killswitch next, just need to decide 2ch or 3ch.

Then alloy clutch carrier.

Had a quick run again today and had some fuel coming out of the breather hole on the fuel cap, after a quick search I relise that this is completely normal, but it's a pain for me as I'm trying to keep the buggy as clean as possible and the smell to a minimum as it lives indoors.

My question is, has anyone done a breather mod to their fuel cap or tank? If so what did you use for a the breather filter? I've got a spare clunk/filter that I could use?

Im going to open up the existing hole with a drill bit and fit a 1/8 x 3.2mm hose tail, then fix the breather to that, got it all sussed already :)

Look forward to seeing some details AJ, how are you overcoming the leaky grommet?

Ahh ok, you want Tygon fuel pipe, I dont think Apex will have any, but I may be wrong

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/genuine-tygon-fuel-line-1-8-3.2mm-bore-30-cm-length.html

It's a very tight fit in the grommet, but I opened up the hole a touch with a rimmer

Talking of fuel tanks, I've been talking to chap about them and he says that the FID is worthy upgrade, it's bigger, better grommet and also you can take the tank out without removing the engine, I'm going to order one :)