• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Blackout MT Throttle Servo Issue

sk1pr@

Hi all,

Prob taken mt out 4 times now and for no more than 10 mins each time. Last time was Saturday and was cut short by the lack of response from the trigger (acceleration)

I took the shell off and thought at first I was missing some sort of collette on the throttle link arm, but I'm not or atleast don't think so. When I pull the trigger it moves fine, but now only once every 10 or so pulls??? I'm confused. Does anyone have a picture of what the set up looks like from servo to link arm inc. spring / locking adj collette etc please so I can double check everything is where it is supposed to be.

Is this maybe a servo problem? I have both trims set at 7/10 as I was cautious about the servo breaking, but have the latest version and are metal geared. I know the steering servos are 20kg and I think the throttle one is 9kg?. I've changed both Tx and Hump pack batteries and still same. The steering works perfectly. The breaks have not worked since I've owned it (6 weeks) not very well anyway, but was going to attempt setting them up correctly once fully run in.

Am I doing something wrong? Has something come loose? Not got set up right?

All ideas welcomed.

Many Thanks,

Andy

I will check the servo horn tonight then. Just unscrew lift off and look underneath it I guess. Is there an alternative/hop-up metal one for it so I don't have the same problem again?

Edited by sk1pr@

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah - I have a Blackout XB which shares lots of components and mine did that after probably same amount of time.  Ebay sorted me out with a metal alternative and it has been fine after the swap.  (I am newb and learning all the time.  This was one of the first things that bust on my XB).