• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my alza xl savvy....

evssv

Where have you filled the oil upto there bud? Should be just above the cross pins otherwise it will cause extra strain on the diff and can cause...ermm...pins to snap etc :D

ok...filled jus so tops of the 4 gears r covered...the oil sorta dips in the middle..concaved is the word....and I never knew that either!!!...if it goes again I'll refill with less oil nx time...is there any hd pins available or they all the same.. Edited by evssv

ok...filled jus so tops of the 4 gears r covered...the oil sorta dips in the middle..concaved is the word....and I never knew that either!!!...if it goes again I'll refill with less oil nx time...is there any hd pins available or they all the same..

I'm not sure sorry bud, I would imagine the hot bodies lightning ones would fit, and probably be tougher....in 12 months I haven't broken a stock one yet so I haven't looked into it!...I musnt be driving it right :)

can't remember which it was last time...i'll go bak n chk through this thread...y U ask??

It's just that when something fails unexpectedly in the same place more than once, then there maybe an underlying cause. Look for things like a raised edge on the outdrive cup pin hole, worn bearing or wear on the gear side diff housing. Anything really. Make sure it's the right pin though, wrong one wouldn't last long.

I'd take it as an opportunity to really bullet proof the diff with a vorza cup, hardened gears etc, get rid of the thin 10mm bearing. I'll leave the part numbers in case you need them.

HPI101029  Differential Shaft (2), gear pins (2) 
HPI101142  Hard Differential Gear Set (6 gears, 4 shims) 
HPI101026  Vorza Differential Case Set  
HPI102692  Bulletproof Diff Set 29T/9T (if you don't have a donor diff)
HPI86599  or  86099 gaskets 
HPIZ877      8mm shim 
HPIB085      8mm Bearings ( 2)
HPI Z721     Grub Screw M4 x 4mm
HPI 86248   Super Heavy Duty Diff Cups
HPI 6811    O-rings 6x9.5x2mm (2)
4 off M3 x 15 CSK countersunk socket cap screws.

Edited by fornowagain

It's just that when something fails unexpectedly in the same place more than once, then there maybe an underlying cause. Look for things like a raised edge on the outdrive cup pin hole, worn bearing or wear on the gear side diff housing. Anything really. Make sure it's the right pin though, wrong one wouldn't last long.

I'd take it as an opportunity to really bullet proof the diff with a vorza cup, hardened gears etc, get rid of the thin 10mm bearing. I'll leave the part numbers in case you need them.

nice one...I'll look In to it..its back togather now so if it goes again then I'll look into what u've suggested above...well the pin is a stock hpi hub hex pin...only thing I had what a fit...i meassured the broken pin and it is 2.75mm diameter but not sure how long as I binned the 2 other bits of it Edited by evssv

so I got me gpm bell crank but I'm confused as to how the spring will go on it??..all the integy ones come with spring ect looking like a stock setup but obviously in ally...i don't wanna open it if it ain't gonna b what I wants... 20150312_165753_zpsnpl9abk3.jpgor is there bits from the stock set I have to use??

Edited by evssv

Yeah, you replace the plastic parts with the new ally parts.

cool. ...i got a hd spring to fit aswell jus waiting on me alza motor plate and bulkhead kit to turn up and me fr hub carriers the I'm good to go and can get on with it...for now I'm fitting a fr/rear sway kit. . 20150312_173821_zpsyfheq0mm.jpg

so I got me gpm bell crank but I'm confused as to how the spring will go on it??..all the integy ones come with spring ect looking like a stock setup but obviously in ally...i don't wanna open it if it ain't gonna b what I wants... or is there bits from the stock set I have to use??

You'll just use the original steering post, it the bit with a hex head on one end and the thread with spring & collar on the other, 4mm thread showing with compressed spring. The other post looks different, it's just shorter is all, bearing is further up.

Edited by fornowagain

Nice one...i see now looking at pics of the set up...jus finished fitting me sway bars 20150312_180311_zpsyhm7bdyg.jpg..got sum nifty little caps what go over the rod ends in the kit aswell..I still done the cable tie mod to keep the bumper arms togather 20150312_180339_zps7b0jv02u.jpg

Edited by evssv

took me a while to work out which way the chassis plates went...I had to take off all the battery posts as I had them on the wrong sides...couldn't work out y the motor plate wasn't lining up..d'oh! 20150313_213551_zpskcjewbtt.jpg

20150313_214114_zpspt7sxqut.jpg

20150313_215228_zpsp0xgn3kv.jpg

Edited by evssv