• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Dee Bee

.AJ.

• 2 weeks later...

A few updates

Did a breather mod on the fuel cap

20150316_200333_zps09x5v6za.jpg

Also fitted a larger FID fuel tank

20150316_200341_zpsqexddk9d.jpg

The new tank does away with the stupid undercut which run under the pinion gear, so now I can remove the tank without first removing the engine :)

• Like 1

And today my wing mount kit arrived

image.jpg2_zpsf9yicwko.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsst109asq.jpg

Im not a big fan of the wing shape, but that is easily changed.,the wing mount itself is a meaty bit of engineering and can't see it breaking anytime soon :lol:

• Like 1

I never really liked the look of wing, sooooo I cheekily ordered a NRP wing from Freeprawn

image.jpg2_zpsqtizroh6.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsd15wutop.jpg

Also fitted a set Jofer wheel nuts which I ordered from DDM the beginning of last week

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 1

Do you have a pic of this wing on the baja looks like a large wing. Looks good on the dbxl nice one AJ

post-34682-0-00625900-1426875332_thumb.j

post-34682-0-62136200-1426875376_thumb.j

post-34682-0-15662500-1426875460_thumb.j

best pics ive got at the moment...;)

• Like 1

Sod it, I went for the RCR Brake upgrade in the end and also got a alloy diff top plate to stiffen up the diff mounting, the stock plastic plate is flimsy and I also cracked it doing up one of the screws too tight lol

image.jpg1_zpsrykslsal.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsuxdohksh.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsy7uypxno.jpg

Test run Wednesday :)

Edited by .AJ.

Nice!

Been looking at the area rc stuff on eBay, can't spend any more just yet though.

What's your cleaning method AJ?

Took mine out yesterday & today & it's now filthy! Mainly from the 2piece exhaust where it joins I have a coupling on it but it'll becer seal with the supplied cable ties. Blows oily muck everywhere.

I don't plan to get it too dirty tbh, if it's muddy I've got the little Pro MT for that and being completely waterproof it just gets hosed off lol

For oily stuff a kitchen degreaser will work well and cheapo stuff is well under a pound

Unfortunately where I bash it's mostly sandy areas, which is a right PiTA to clean them, not to mention the obvious extra wear from the sand, it just seems to stick to the cars so well!!

I was thinking of getting some sdoc 100 like I used to use on my GSXR, but man that gear is dear, I'll try your kitchen degreaser tip first, ta!