• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6.

That's a good endorsement and good to hear :)

Going trail spec and back to brushed on my youngests mini grave digger so need it to work well enough that she will enjoy it but keep it affordable in case it turns out to be a passing fad. Using a surplus 20t axial motor so your experiences had me worried my plan wasn't going to work!

Here's some pictures and video from the outing today anyway... Not amazing, but first attempt.

Plus it was really cold and pretty windy so had to be careful were I set the camera up!

20150227_123641-2_zpsi8os49vw.jpg

20150227_123653-2_zps2kn3q8ud.jpg

20150227_123714-2_zpsllmvnrgk.jpg

20150227_123732-2_zpsedhhdez1.jpg

IMG-20150227-WA0007-2_zpsn1gtmyua.jpg

DSC03597-2_zpsymueiprr.jpg

DSC03598-2_zps0jnwqzzg.jpg

DSC03599-2_zpslsnratps.jpg

And my overall personal favourite of this RC.

DSC03595-2_zpslczoj1cs.jpg

And here's a bit of footage, hope you like :)

• Like 1

Hey dan, how come you sold off the winch etc. if you don't mind me asking?

I was getting really annoying at trying to hold my tx, and the winch controller and climb up a hill lol.

Fell flat on my arse about 4 times.

Going to go for a 3rd channel jobby and switch to the DX3C tx within the near future :)

Indeed, the winch is lovely, really smooth and bags of pulling power.

I was just looking at DX4S's and the prices seemed quite high, so went with the DX3C but ended up with two of them, so might get shot of one and put the extra to it for a DX4S as I've got my lights I need to operate on the 3rd channel as well and a plug for my BEC, so not sure how I will do it!

Had spektrum for years now and the dx4s is by far the best I've had, especially with the scalers being 4 channel....., was a great move by spektrum doing this.

Yep, my 90 has the four channel receiver and for bec, winch, servo and throttle it's a big help having the extra slots....

Another mate of mine has just bought the rtr version of yours and I'm going out for a play with it and him shortly, he is like a big kid and nearly 50 lmao....

• Like 1

We're all kids at heart, or rather I like to believe.

Can you tell me though Gaz, does the DX4S'sreceiver have 4 slots or 5?

I know it's 4 channel but theirs often an extra one (which is were I could run my BEC from)

As I'm thinking I'll need 5 slots.

Steering, ESC, winch, lights, BEC.

"I know what you're thinking, 'Did he use six slots or only five?'" If Dirty Harry ran scalers  :yes:

We're all kids at heart, or rather I like to believe.

Can you tell me though Gaz, does the DX4S'sreceiver have 4 slots or 5?

I know it's 4 channel but theirs often an extra one (which is were I could run my BEC from)

As I'm thinking I'll need 5 slots.

Steering, ESC, winch, lights, BEC.

The SR410 has 5 slots. STR, THR, AUX1, AUX2 & BND

The SR410 has 5 slots. STR, THR, AUX1, AUX2 & BND

Okay so another question, hopefully someone knows, can I use the bind port for a BEC?

Or is that going to cause issues with signal and potential unbinding and such?

Reason I ask is my 3rd channel on my current rx is also the bind port, so I know it's safe to use, but not sure about a port that's solely used for binding?

If I can, then the DX4S it shall be, once my wallet's recovered from these two boxes of goodness I have coming.

You can downgrade but they still won't work.

It does get expensive, the DX4S has a 30 model memory, so to buy 28 rx's (there's 2 included with the DX4S) @