• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6.

Yeah drag brake is exactly that buddy, when you release the throttle right off, it puts the brake on, the thing is, to use the brake, I have to lose reverse, otherwise it stops then selects reverse.

May have to look down the route of a new ESC I think.

Also finally got some dirt on it.... If you look reeeeeally closely :tease::xd:

IMG_4464_zps06d28c07.jpg

Where? That's not dirt its dust lol. Looks good in that blue colour.

Where? That's not dirt its dust lol. Looks good in that blue colour.

Still counts as dirty! :tease:

Now my next two upgrades/mods are going to be a bent steering link so it clears the chassis, then sorting the top links so they don't foul the chassis either.

I WILL get full articulation out of this thing eventually :lol:

The drag brake on the dodge ram is excellent, (ae5 esc) but I think it's more down to that torque master motor I bought from aj.....

The wraith just skids to a halt and holds again Holmes hobbies brxl esc and Tamiya super stock 23t motor.

And much of the same with the d90.

I find it easier to have throttle brake then double tap for reverse, it suits me better in comps and general "scaling"

Aye I don't mind the double tap for reverse, I don't seem to use reverse a lot, I don't really aim for things I don't think I can do.

But I would like the ESC/motor to have more bite.

I'm sure it will be fine for now though, I'm going to aim to sort the driveline first of all, then maybe a new ESC and motor down the line :D

i done some looking around befere i got mine and could`nt find any info about programming it the only thing i could find was the thing about the jumper cables one for nimh or lipo and f/r/b

Yep same here, doesn't appear you can do any kind of programming, only real option as far as I can see is to have it set with just T/B and use the brake as the drag brake, bit annoying to have no reverse though.

I'll lump it for now, I'm looking at the Tekin FX-R or HH BRXL combo at the moment, I already know what this motor and ESC is going into lol.

Received my lights today, along with my winch LiPo and the winch and controller itself, avoided customs, rather chuffed.

Even had a little chuckle when I noticed what was written on the winch control board, never noticed it before :lol:

I'm so mature :P

Also noticed my LED's won't turn on annd off via the 3rd channel, so need to somehow figure out an on/off arrangement for those.

a6c49f2c-6e87-478d-b5f0-a1ffca866b94_zps

• Like 1

There is always power on the pins on the receiver so connecting power wires to them will result in the lights always being on.

Even if you did have the 3rd signal wire it wouldn't have done anything any different.

You need a RC operated switch on the 3rd channel to turn them on and off with.

http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=102_133&products_id=1963

Edited by smeghead28
  • Like 1

There is always power on the pins on the receiver so connecting power wires to them will result in the lights always being on.

Even if you did have the 3rd signal wire it wouldn't have done anything any different.

You need a RC operated switch on the 3rd channel to turn them on and off with.

http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=102_133&products_id=1963

I don't suppose you could find me one of thosoe onn eBay could you mate?

That would be excellent if I didn't have to have more external wiring.

I don't suppose you could find me one of thosoe onn eBay could you mate?

That would be excellent if I didn't have to have more external wiring.

Not at that price. 

Well we did indeed get out... Almosy 3 hours from each battery and that put them both to 3.8v per cell, so could easily have 3 1/2 hours from the packs, mine are 1,000mAh bigger but my motor is a bit faster, so they end up lasting the exact same time.

No breakages, apart from a LiPo buzzer, but I was hitting the puddles and mud hard, absolutely loving it!

No video as of yet I'm afraid, I did manage to snap a few pictures on the way round though, hope you like! :)

20150217_150351-2_zpsa1e8aa91.jpg

20150217_153205-2_zps60a747be.jpg

20150217_153225-2_zps4c24c68a.jpg

20150217_153526-2_zpsba82de91.jpg

20150217_154510-2_zps23df0697.jpg

20150217_160318-2_zps30b91b0f.jpg

20150217_160335-2_zps88dd786d.jpg

20150217_160451-2_zps92862d5d.jpg

20150217_160552-2_zps44dcc671.jpg

20150217_161315-2_zpsf061763c.jpg

20150217_162335-2_zps3970b29a.jpg

Ohh no, a casualty... Lost bodyclip lol!

Made some nice chains to keep them together, also be quicker getting the rears off now as well.

And just to show it did actually get dirty today, can't really tell in the other pictures...

IMG_4468_zpsd21c5185.jpg

that looks way better with some dirt on it 

Couldn't agree more, I've checked and cleaned the wheel bearings, also given the motor a little splash of clean water to make sure nothing harmful has got in... Apart from that, it's not getting cleaned lol.

Well, apart from when I do the LED's properly set up and winch, but it'll soon be dirty again :lol:

Edited by Oh How Original