• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norco's TT-02 Very Pic Heavy

norcoforever

well i decided, during a visit to see noj, to do a tamiya, a few reasons firstly i've never built and or owned one and two they look like fun. I decided on the tt02 as i wanted something i could mod and also can fit nice shells to, shells being the priority. As you will see it has been highly upgraded and I am well aware i could've got a decent club spec racer for the money however i will be using this on gravel and outside a lot so belt drive is a no no i also know the vaterra are good value however i'm not an rtr fan and i like to be able to modify to my hearts content. now for the many many pictures

IMG_0164_zps3467021a.jpg

IMG_0165_zps7e62c45b.jpg

IMG_0166_zps08768f59.jpg

IMG_0167_zps146566fd.jpg

IMG_0168_zps2821c24e.jpg

IMG_0169_zps51d31130.jpg

IMG_0170_zpsd783e04d.jpg

IMG_0135_zps569f0fff.jpg

IMG_0137_zps3e90c744.jpg

IMG_0147_zps076d1fc5.jpg

IMG_0149_zps803b1a14.jpg

• Like 1

Personally I would have opted for rubber sealed bearings....

Watching the build though....

If you dont use all them shiny bits ill have son off you ;). Sooo where did you get the yeah racing hop up kit?

i've used most of the shiny bits lmao, will see what's left though. mine all came from rc mart =]

i went with these bearings as they are genuine tamiya ones and the car will not be seeing any moisture, decided i'm a fair weather basher lol

loking forward to shell day tomorrow starting with the R32 =]

• Like 1

The capri shell look epic, probably the nicest one tamiya sell atm i hope you paint it. Did it come with light buckets ect? 

Ide like to see one of those capris painted up in 80s boy racer theme so flat red with rust on the sills lol and gold bbs style rims. 

It looks like its going to be a great TT-02 but can it definitely handle that motor lol. I thought an ezrun 9t was pushing the tt01 ect. 5star. 

Edit. 

Watcha know it looks like you have the gold bbs rims too lol. 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Very nice Norco, as usual!  Just in case there's still a Capri shell spare..... saves me getting the TT kit just for it, though I'm still holding out for a non racing one.

Regardless how many parts make up the shell?  Is is just the rear wing to attach as I fear?

Rear wing (three parts), lights and some wing flares...tricky to cut out, fo sho!

Any spare shiny bits are mine chaps, as I'll be sorting the wiring out on this one ;)

Cheers Noj - that would be very workable to recreate a nice dirty street mk3 if it wasn't for the front bumper.

It looks like its going to be a great TT-02 but can it definitely handle that motor lol. I thought an ezrun 9t was pushing the tt01 ect. 5star. 

I had thought the same about the motor however the rear diff has an alloy locker so that will be ok and all the drivetrain upgrades are genuine tamiya so the alloy prop shaft alloy diff outputs and their rather pricey universal joint
  • Like 1

Bit of an update found a rounded bolt in a shock tower so it's been an excuse to order alloy towers and alloy upper arm mounts. I'm keeping the plastic bottom arms to give me a part to fail that's cheap to replace e I've also ordered some different shocks that should give slightly more travel than the gmades I've also got an r34 shell ordered as it's my second favourite after the r32

Edited by norcoforever