• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*** Updated Hyper owners club ***

2 hours ago, GT1 said:

Generally the correct gapping is set using a scrap of notebook paper in between the gears. Paper in, push gears together snug, tighten, confirm it hasn't moved after done..  

spur_pinion_gear_setting_gap.png

this is what I did so I was right in that case but thought id better check as nothing is said about this in the manual!! Hoping to start engine bed in tomorrow!!! But looking through the manual it also don't say nothing about needle settings for first start, am I right to have set both to be flush with carb body?????

Morning, I've just purchased a Hyper 9e with the sole purpose of doing speed runs.

its got a HW Quicrun 150a esc and 2000kv motor.

im looking for advice on spur/pinion gearing to pull as much top end speed from this combo.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Phil

P.s. I also posted this on the main truggies forum before realising this thread existed, apologies

Have got the hyper7 all set up now, but sadly didn't have time today to begin the engine break in process grrrrrrr!!! Hoping I can when I get home from work tomorrow!! Have been told the hyper/mach 21 engines are rather tight when new so any recommendations for the first tank run??? Would it benefit to heat engine with wife's hairdryer?? If so what temp to heat it up to???

On 3/13/2016 at 19:48, firestorm01 said:

Have got the hyper7 all set up now, but sadly didn't have time today to begin the engine break in process grrrrrrr!!! Hoping I can when I get home from work tomorrow!! Have been told the hyper/mach 21 engines are rather tight when new so any recommendations for the first tank run??? Would it benefit to heat engine with wife's hairdryer?? If so what temp to heat it up to???

With my Hyper .21 engine it wasnt that tight to be honest. Then i got an alpha .21. It was so tight i had to pull the engine out of the car and manually crank it over by hand for an hour. Even when heated to 300 f my starterbox wouldnt crank it over. I also recommend heating the engine before running for the first 6 tanks. I do 3 idle tanks then 6 tanks getting faster and faster each time with a sock around the engine to keep it warm and then i do some bashing until the 12 tank when i tuned it. I am 20 150cc tanks into my engine and i still have pinch.

On 3/13/2016 at 11:38, PhilDorman said:

Morning, I've just purchased a Hyper 9e with the sole purpose of doing speed runs.

its got a HW Quicrun 150a esc and 2000kv motor.

im looking for advice on spur/pinion gearing to pull as much top end speed from this combo.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Phil

P.s. I also posted this on the main truggies forum before realising this thread existed, apologies

•  

Lol..3rd time lucky try inhere http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/forum/177-high-speed-rc/    :good:

Omfg!!! This hyper7 I recently bought is mental!!! Took a while to do the bed in process but that was more my fault being ill but now it all done . . . At last!! Even though I have both needles set slightly rich for the remainder of gallon of fuel I have the car just fly's!!! Had first outing over BMX track when I got home from work, I'm soooo impressed with the hyper7!!! Although the kit tyres are looking rather tired now lol!!! I have the .21 engine running on optifuel 20% and a fastrax medium turbo glow plug, any suggestions for when the gallon is all used up?? Mainly bashing although am considering racing in near future!!

1 hour ago, firestorm01 said:

Omfg!!! This hyper7 I recently bought is mental!!! Took a while to do the bed in process but that was more my fault being ill but now it all done . . . At last!! Even though I have both needles set slightly rich for the remainder of gallon of fuel I have the car just fly's!!! Had first outing over BMX track when I got home from work, I'm soooo impressed with the hyper7!!! Although the kit tyres are looking rather tired now lol!!! I have the .21 engine running on optifuel 20% and a fastrax medium turbo glow plug, any suggestions for when the gallon is all used up?? Mainly bashing although am considering racing in near future!!

Personally I prefer all my .21 engines and above on 25% if you want a bit more oil content

use rtr blend bit more smokey though or race blend for a bit more poke but keep your eye on temps 

and not smoke trail

hmmmm so could go onto 25% rtr with a little retune and on same glow plug??? Not worried about the extra oil as as far as i see it the little extra oil cant be a bad thing yes the race stuff will give extra poke but am on 20% rtr and this things flys already lol!!!

Time to sell the firestorm me thinks!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, firestorm01 said:

hmmmm so could go onto 25% rtr with a little retune and on same glow plug??? Not worried about the extra oil as as far as i see it the little extra oil cant be a bad thing yes the race stuff will give extra poke but am on 20% rtr and this things flys already lol!!!

Time to sell the firestorm me thinks!!!!!!

plugs   os8`s .....:good:

Silly question but on hyper 7's and hyper st's some people have servo lying down on side and some have it sitting up. Any reason for this or performance related or just personal choice?

13 hours ago, sunny said:

Silly question but on hyper 7's and hyper st's some people have servo lying down on side and some have it sitting up. Any reason for this or performance related or just personal choice?

If you use the standard servo mounting parts/tray, in 7 servo is vertical and ST is horizontal. Cant say I've seen set ups any different to standard. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs getting abit fed up as myself and my daughter are spending ALOT of time over the BMX track! Bought another gallon today hmmmmm don't think it will last long though lol!!!! Getting a hyper7 was the best purchase this year so far!! Oh dear the weather looks to be ok for tomorrow too!!!

i managed to break the centre spider diff on my hyper st today :( it just started making this awful clicking noise and did not accelerate very fast. 

large.P1011124.JPG.74b20d4c4843cbde7d681

• 2 weeks later...

took mine for its first proper outing with new centre diff and tbone bumpers. i can actually jump now without worrying about breaking the front of the car as much. the tires are not looking so good.

I forgot the body clips as well so i had to use a wire out of a laptop to hold it on but they snapped and the shell came off so the inside of the car got very muddy.

I am very please with the waterproofness of the car as well.

IMG-20160415-153552[1].jpg

IMG_20160415_164152[1].jpg

IMG_20160415_164157[1].jpg

IMG_20160415_164210[1].jpg

IMG_20160415_164249[1].jpg

IMG_20160415_164336[1].jpg

IMG_20160415_164348[1].jpg

IMG_20160415_171900[1].jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to pick up a motor mount. After waiting for the conversion kit forever a fellow on facebook showed off his Hyper 7 conversion, turns out the Hyper SSE mount works fine on it. So I have that now and a battery tray.

Going to transfer my Arrma Typhon motor and ESC to the Hyper most likely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered but bought the HoBao Hyper 7 .28 Mach. Can't wait to try it out as totally new to all this. Just have a question if anyone could help that runs the same what glow plugs should I get and where's best to get from? Ow and from Bristol :)