• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any PC gamers on here?

almighty15

I mainly play two games these days on my pc,

Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion, an awesome space strategy game that takes up far too many hours :D 

Star Wars The Old Republic - SWTOR, an online mmo that beats all other online games imo, many people call me wrong but i love Star Wars and gaming and this hits the spot.

I've just bought a gaming laptop & belive me, swtor has taken too many hours off me already!!

Great story's and I'm loving the commando at the moment!

I've just bought a gaming laptop & belive me, swtor has taken too many hours off me already!!

Great story's and I'm loving the commando at the moment!

i do like it but it feels very generic, i feel they missed a massive trick with it.

i dip in and out of eve online (having lost 1000s of hours in it years ago lol) iv been playing that on and off for over 10 years almost since the game launched.

assetto corsa has me hooked atm but im at work more than im home so i dont get much time at all really.

ps i built my pc inside a bench/desk i made

300y3bd.jpg

27zgh1i.jpg

32zqkn5.jpg

system specs are 

i7 3770k at 4.7ghz stable

hd7970 overclocked

256gb ssd

2tb hdd

16 gig samsung green ram

3 x 200mm fans at 5v

4 x 200mm fans at 5v on a monster rad in a shelf underneath

the noisiest part of the entire system is the pump lol it really is almost silent

Edited by eatthis
  • Like 1

looks like a great rig, would love to do something similar, but wouldnt know where to start

piece of mdf and some decent tools with a bit of creativity sprinkled in for good measure. im already planning a mk2 desk when we move ouse (could be 12 months yet lol)

Casual gamer on my Dell XPS 15 L502x with i7 processor.

Only really play battlefield bad company 2, still a great game and plenty of people online playing it still.

I also still play battlefield 1942 for some dog fighting fun!

Casual gamer on my Dell XPS 15 L502x with i7 processor.

Only really play battlefield bad company 2, still a great game and plenty of people online playing it still.

I also still play battlefield 1942 for some dog fighting fun!

Havent played BC2 in ages, one of the few games i played through the story mode more than once

i stopped pc gaming a good while ago now

but i am tempted to sort a machine out to go with my playstation to play assetto corsa and gran turismo 6 on a playseat with steering wheel etc 

i stopped pc gaming a good while ago now

but i am tempted to sort a machine out to go with my playstation to play assetto corsa and gran turismo 6 on a playseat with steering wheel etc 

assetto corsa is coming to consoles in the medium term future

assetto corsa is coming to consoles in the medium term future

oh yea just saw they announced that on the 3rd ..cool beans 

though my only concern will be what makes the pc version so great, the modders the track makers and car makers, console version could be rather lack luster as a result but we will see. 

also steering wheels, logitech g27 etc dont work for ps4 ..but we will see, 2016 may change all that

i play dayz, dabble in a bit of BF4 on the pc, but mostly xbone for fps, play a bit of goat simulator for giggle, and just started witcher 3 on the pc :thumbsup:

Had a pretty good gaming setup in doors, But never have really been a gamer, Like a FPS game every now and then, But I can take it or leave it, So took the setup from inside and put it in my cinema room, And put together something everybody can have a go at.

20150521_205834.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

LOL been looking for a truck wheel and dash set, 

took me ages but i found a tractor can wheel and dashboard with gearshift and a cab button layout.

no mention of 900 degree wheel turn. 

but on a mention i have now started playing Euro truck sim 2 with the going east upgrade.

next is to find a decent wheel ( one for hooning but also able to allow me to run the truck sim and have needed commands at fingers )

Ive recently upgraded my pc after a hard drive fail, which has got me back into gaming recently.

Specs are

i7 4790K EK water Supermacy Evo Block
Asus z97 Pro Mobo
16GB Mushkin 1600mhz ram
Palit GTX480 WC EK Block
256GB Corsair Neutron SSD
500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
500GB WD
Seagate 3TB
Cooler Master 1000W
Sunbeam Rheobus Extremem Fan Controller
ATCS 840 Case
TFX X Changer 240 Rad
Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Rad
Switchtech MCP 355 Pump
6 Corsair SP120 fans

I stll need to upgrade my gpu but I will do that probably next year. 

Im currently playing

Fallout New Vegas

Dirt Rally

Wolfenstein Old Blood

Project Cars

Metro Last Light Redux

Metro 2033 Redux

And have just bought Assetto Corsa.

All bought withing the last few weeks apart from Metro last light.  That should keep me busy for a while lol

Edited by cyronn

now playing euro truck simulator 2. 

own and dabble in the following

Starcraft - starcraft hots 

eve - online 

Final fantasy FFXIV

Euro truck simulator 2 with going east DLC ( i require a steam account to have scandinavia ) i also have dev console enabled

and modding ability enabled, it allows for add on plug ins and truck skins and model importing-exporting.

microsoft ffb flight stick ( in rotation yoke stick)

logitech G3 mouse - Driving force pro wheel - razor lycosa keyboard.

Intel Core2 quad Q6600 G0 stepping ( the best for clocking up to 4ghz froma 2.4ghz stock)

500gb  f1 hdd

opitcal readers dvd-and burner

P5Qpro Asus mobo on 775 socket

DDR2 800mhz in two single dualband slots 2gb ( this allows my machine to see the 2gb as 4gb)

650w Modular PSU (120mm exhusting fan )

AMD HD7770 OC (crossfire model with full overclock factory set)

Plan is to remove the 800mhz and upgrade it to 1066mhz ram units, the most powerful i can run

also means i can fill up all four ram slots 4gb in each slot giving me 16gb physical ram and dualbanded thats 32gb )

swap to a 850w PSU and drop in a second HD7770OC and crossfire enable them.

i can then ramp up the core speeds and memory clocks 

maybe add a water block and unleash the Q6600 to its full

at the mo i run at core speeds of 2.4ghz on Air , if i add water i could pull those speeds upto say 3.3ghz no problems

its a lot for an old machine, but its the only one thats done me good all this time. 

And i just sourced an apple iphone 5 , and on a software hunt to get 3d VR gaming up and running.

things like limelight -trinus gyre and some iphone apps to test out and play with.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

• 2 weeks later...