• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anybody else just buy things for the sake of it?

SparkLee

Finding myself constantly on the lookout for new cars, batteries, hop ups etc and I don't need any of them.

I've barely had enough time or decent weather to use the Firestorm I bought a couple of weeks ago and the Maverick has had about three runs in total due to it being boring. It is a little more lively with the brushless setup that I bought, mind but then I'm selling it... so why did I bother buying the motor/esc  :glare:

Now I'm looking at buggy/truggy kits or ready built rollers on ebay and here. Something like the DEX210 or the DEST210R I was deciding between the firestorm with. Although I'll never have the time, I'm looking at places to race...

It's not just me, is it?

i do it all the time, even going against my better judgement.

several parts on my bajas are purely there because they look nice, even ones for strength are there because they can be.

not just rc with, i do it with games and dvd's aswell

not just rc with, i do it with games and dvd's aswell

Indeed. I bought a PS4 camera jobby. Used it once and it's been in the cupboard ever since.

I've more batteries, mods and tanks for vaping than there is days in the month.. yet I only need one.

I'm not sure if it's being a hoarder or just a compulsive buyer. I do like buying stuff though.. just not clothes.

Perfectly normal, nowt to fret over, when all the stuff gets too much for your current house, do as we did and move ;)

The key is finding summat you can both 'collect', makes it harder for the missus to complain, and you still get to buy cool stuff ;)

• Like 3

Perfectly normal, nowt to fret over, when all the stuff gets too much for your current house, do as we did and move ;)

The key is finding summat you can both 'collect', makes it harder for the missus to complain, and you still get to buy cool stuff ;)

Shoes, Big boots, Strange clothes, Odd dog shaped objects and just random items... that's all she likes and everything I buy is just a waste of money!

I'm fighting a losing battle but despite the moaning, I think I'm winning  :thumbsup:

It's not going to end well, is it?....

at one point i had 50 RC planes about 40 cars and near to 100 lipos  around 25 proper chargers and spares to start a shop with  so yes i loved to buy stuff.  lol   and what makes it worse is i hate using something new.   so i would repair anything that broken.   and not use the new parts.  at one point i had 4 alloy gearboxes for my rustler  but i wouldn't use them. 

Jesus.. looks like I might have caught it early. Luckily I have four kids (Or unlucky), still to go on my honeymoon, promised the kids disneyland and need a new car.. so I might have to settle for just 50 cars.

I'm the same the missus has to reign me in, as if it was up to me i would just buy everything that caught my eye, i am already looking to purchase my next car(s), hobbies are an addiction that can take over you life but at least you have something to show for it. The missus say's i should think about the kids more but they get everything they want, plus my three lads are interested so i use them as an excuse, i get lads time with lads, the missus gets girly time with the girls, that normally works on my missus.

Edited by NitricRC

I see no problem here, you only live once, make the most of your life by doing things you enjoy the most, ive bought rc's, never even used them and then sold them, planes, boats, tanks, cars, bikes, helis, ive had the lot at one point or another.

Thing is i sell a rc, 12 months later i want it again lol, so i buy another, hop it up so i find it hard to use coz ive spent so much coin on it, even hate getting some of them dirty becsuse they look so pretty :)

Anything and everything can be considered a waste of money, we need nothing but want everything, but as long as it makes you smile, thats all that really matters.

• Like 3