• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Drift live thread

Glenyboy

I'm heading to soul Wednesday evening if anyone else is up for it? 

First time drifting in maybe 3 months?!? 

Can't wait! 

I really want to go Wednesday night! I'll have to see how early I get finished in the day.

If not, I'll be there at the weekend. I haven't been in ages now. The last time was the comp, and I done terribly! 

I really want to go Wednesday night! I'll have to see how early I get finished in the day.

If not, I'll be there at the weekend. I haven't been in ages now. The last time was the comp, and I done terribly! 

Do it! 

I've Missed drifting so bad ;) 

Been way too long, and need to try my new shell out, and my car now that it's been all squared up!

Going to give it a good clean, oil and check over to make sure it's a good evening drifting! 

And hoping to get myself a new set of wheels :D 

;) Nice buy dude! Easily the best electrics out there right now. Have you gone for the brain unit and all that jazz?

yes mate, secondhand mind you, found it in the for sale section here. 

Spent all all its life throttled right down because it's too powerful for his TC class.

posting to me Saturday :lol:

I finally got to go and run my cars again yesterday afternoon :)

I put 10g on each of the lower rear arms on the FFX and it gave me loads of grip and ran great. Then I swapped the solid 3Racing springs put for 1.2 MST ones. Medium rear, soft up front. It's brilliant now.

I has the MS out for most of the day as no one else was running RWD. We had some food trains going with the guys that were down from RC Model Shop Direct

IMG_20151107_200721_zpsyt2p6dcx.jpg

I finally got to go and run my cars again yesterday afternoon www.msuk-forum.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/smile.png" alt=":)" title=":)">

I put 10g on each of the lower rear arms on the FFX and it gave me loads of grip and ran great. Then I swapped the solid 3Racing springs put for 1.2 MST ones. Medium rear, soft up front. It's brilliant now.

I has the MS out for most of the day as no one else was running RWD. We had some food trains going with the guys that were down from RC Model Shop Direct

That Bodyshell is sick scratcher.

• Like 1

I finally got to go and run my cars again yesterday afternoon :)

where do you buy your wheels from and your brakes? 

they look awesome!!

I want some real scale replica wheels for my sakura, so like the buddy club, rota replicas etc

• Like 1

The metal rotors are cool! I really couldn't bring myself to spend full price on a set of them but really wanted them, managed to get a set for my ms for £5 then bought my xxx vip and it came with them, so sold the other set back on! 

That's a bargain! I did look at them on Saturday at Soul but decided to try and find a second hand set. They're crazy money.

After talking with ol' Slideshow Bob, I realised how much the plastic ones catch and rub. I might try sanding out the insides or the calipers for a temporary fix.

Yer they rub pretty bad the plastic ones, its mainly because they warp a little, so it catches the caliper every so often so you don't notice as much!

I just ran mine without the calipers till I got the metal ones! Since then callipers only come off for setup station! 

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all havnt been around much but what i have been up to.

Purchased a pandora bn sports sileighty, the first shell i had didnt have the correct bonnet etc so restarted from scratch.

Then painfully did the blood via paint and a screw driver, got the stickers done by rc graphix workx (jon) yokomo light buckets and wrap up next 3D Decals so they look really nice n real, and i also am now running overdose D9R's and DS Racing medium rwd tyre set and they are bloody brilliant, love em, also put lead tape on the front wheels of the d9r's to bring em up to the 40 grams which is the same as MST heavy wheel rings with tyres on. so will see how it performs. 

some pics of the car alongside ryans the car i replicated. 

10474654_10156281687220574_2141586502965

12279146_10156281413260574_2555782507546

12249714_10156281413335574_2822519263735

Edited by PurcyP
  • Like 1

Got my all white overdose d9rs today in 7 offset, so much more dish! love it, running 3mm spacers up front as well. 

can see the 5 offset versions in matte chrome with white centre (painted the white centre myself) next to the car as well

also sprayed the shell in PS flat clear from tamiya, utterly brilliant, didnt react with anything, including the red paint which is acrylic from humbrol, printed paper, the stickers..nothing, and its spot on as well.. looks fantastic. 

12310711_10156306960915574_603472981354911214111_10156306960905574_7937719092710

Whilst on 4wd the camber isnt quite as drastic on the handling ..

changing it to around 8 degrees now, the car handles rather differently, less understeer ..a lot snappier and reactive. Castor is 8 degrees too, dunno what 12 or 16 degrees will do, could experiment..or not bother because im pretty happy other wise haha .

so yea the stance certainly changes the car ..in a big way

Edited by PurcyP