• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Done to death but here is mine - Savage

DannyP

12 minutes ago, Zannu said:

You can blame photobucket for that. They changed their policies so you had to pay some ridiculous 3 figure sum to have hosting on other sites, so most of us moved to other services. I use Postimage, but there are plenty other that people use. All of your photos are now just that irritating symbol.

Also welcome back.

How annoying!! Now I need to use a free site with a good app for mobile. I'll be on a mission to get the images back in the thread.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DannyP said:

How annoying!! Now I need to use a free site with a good app for mobile. I'll be on a mission to get the images back in the thread.

It takes quite a while to update and replace all of them though. I found that having not been on the forum for that long even.

Like I said I now use Postimage however I know there is also Imgur and other services. I am sure there are other people on here who know the alternative better than me.

9 minutes ago, Zannu said:

It takes quite a while to update and replace all of them though. I found that having not been on the forum for that long even.

Like I said I now use Postimage however I know there is also Imgur and other services. I am sure there are other people on here who know the alternative better than me.

I'm just going to use Postimage as it doesn't seem to come with all the social rubbish like Imgur etc...

I'll have to fire up my laptop and get everything swapped over for this thread.

Edited by DannyP
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyP said:

I'm just going to use Postimage as it doesn't seem to come with all the social rubbish like Imgur etc...

I'll have to fire up my laptop and get everything swapped over for this thread.

I have found it to be simple and free of adverts. Everything works just as it should. Also like the way the folders work.

I will have a look through it once you have sorted the photos, don't think I had seen it before but looks interesting.

That would be the issue there, doesn't look quite right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zannu said:

I have found it to be simple and free of adverts. Everything works just as it should. Also like the way the folders work.

I will have a look through it once you have sorted the photos, don't think I had seen it before but looks interesting.

That would be the issue there, doesn't look quite right.

Agreed, nice and simple to navigate. Need to find memory cards with lastest images on as they were on the iMac, that got sold.

Engine not even fully ran in and 1st gear is stripped :o

14 hours ago, DannyP said:

First four and a half pages have images again :coolpics:

Edit: Thread has all it's images back that were posted by me :hahadance:

In that case I will have a proper look through it either now (If my schools filter allows the images through) or at home later. Good work.

I don't know how it happened? Engine moving wouldn't affect it. Nothing should be causing the gears to come out of alignment inside the transmission/gearbox. Unless a shaft is bent, case is cracked or something was in there and got caught in the gears and the plastic one got chewed?...

I'm a little miffed as everything was brand new and I have only broken in the engine. No hard running, no jumps, tip overs, flips, nothing.

Like I said, I will check all other gears, shafts, case etc for damage. If everything looks ok I will rebuild and see what happens.

10 hours ago, DannyP said:

Thanks, my time wasn't wasted getting all the images sorted :good:

New 1st gear ordered, should be here in the next couple of days. I'll fully remove the gearbox and get it all cleaned up and check for any damage etc..

Your time was definatley not wasted. Pretty much since I discovered what one was I have wanted a savage, but never had the funds or got round to it, instead I now find myself with 3 bullets. Might be wise for me to sell some but as susual I like them all, and they are all very different, so don't want to let any of them go.

Hopefully it is just that gear. My guess would be something got in there, but that seems unlikley to me. Just check the rest are fine and it still stis in the correct posiion and hopefully it will be fine with the new one.

3 minutes ago, DannyP said:

Will do :thumbsup:

Sort of hope to find something wrong so I can say, "that did it" fix it and it doesn't happen again!

I know that feeling. Part of you is happy to just replace the one gear and not have to spend any more money, and partly you want to solve the issue permanatly.