• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

rc tools advice

adefirestorm

Arrowmax.....

Same tips as EDS, and a bit cheaper. I bought the larger set that included the 4 and 5mm I needed on the Baja, but for 1/8 or 1/10 the main ones you need are the 1.5,2,2.5 and 3mm tips.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/arrowmax-allen-wrench-set-1.5-2.0-2.5-and-3.0-x-120mm-4-pcs/rc-car-products/40245

nearly

My fast tax one weren't too bad tbh. But as above arrowax are nice. But all small tips if used incorrectly will strip.

Also if u think u may get a Losi model 1/10 or 1/8th or smaller you will need a imperial set. I got the purple arrowmax set.

Mmr sell a large T handle set of hex drivers too (can't remember the make.) Good for the extra bit of leverage and range from 1.5mm to 5mm iirc.

Associated stuff is usually Imperial, not metric. ..... the US has never gone metric.

No problem to measure...may not get it done today, but will do. Tools are out in the shed and it's raining...a lot!

Apparently the rc8.2 is all metric but wouldn't be surprise if it was imperial, but I did read somewhere where it states is all metric, even when you look in manual the sizes are like "3x24mm" where if you look at losi manual it just says "5-40 x 3/8"

I got Arrowmax tips, as found they fit the Turnigy handles perfectly. No problem at all with the Arrowmax stuff. A set of socket drivers is also useful. Again I think mine are Turnigy.

A very useful trail tool is a Core RC driver which has tips stored in slots around the handle and has metric and imperial sizes, plus straight and pozi tips. It is just great.

Here it is, but you might find it cheaper searching around.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Core-RC-Multi-Driver-Tool-12-Tips-CR163-/391005253969?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item5b09bab151

Edited by M1tchy

• 2 weeks later...

I have a mixture of eds and arrowmax in the toolbox and have been perfect up to yet.

The home tool kit is a mixture of fastrax, Hudy, Tamiya, and Hpi and the tips on the Hpi do seem to show wear already but I have a spare eds tip, cost

• Like 2