• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HobbyKing, UPDATE 7/1/15 !

Mr Drifta

SMD = Spire Model Distribution

Jamie = The RC Legend and SMD owner Jamie Booth

http://www.smddirect.co.uk

Cheers fella  :thumbsup:

SMD = http://www.smddirect.co.uk/101a31072a-sanwa-m12-radio-471-rec-2267

HK    = http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__1229__190__Radios_Receivers-2_4Ghz_Sanwa_Airtronics.html  PLUS PP FEE'S =

Edited by Mr Drifta

You would be liable for charges if you ordered from the International(Hong Kong) warehouse. You ordered from the UK warehouse, thus you will not pay any additional charges.

That's what I thought and why I did it..

Praying SMD are reading this and planning a price match war lol

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hahaha

It would be great if we could have competitive pricing or price matching with prices from Asia, but realistically it's not going to happen when there's 100 quid difference.

There's always elements you miss out on when ordering from abroad(especially anywhere in Asia). You don't get customer service like you get at home, and you don't always get quality like you get at home(sometimes quite the opposite though in this day and age).

The fact is we have to make a choice ourselves. Buy local and you get quick efficient service at a price, or buy abroad and play by their rules(which are yet to be found lol), but save some money. Sometimes it's worthwhile, sometimes it's not. Time matters too. I recently bought an item "locally" which is the exact item I could have bought from China. Price was marked up probably at least 4x by the UK seller, but I wanted it sooner, and in this circumstance it was a cheap enough item to begin with.

• Like 1

Wow! I already like shopping with HK and didn't think they would do so much. That's great for you though. Definitely a step in the right direction for customer service.

Yeah I am shocked too if i am honest considering the interweb is full of negativity towards them..

Rob the guy who has been dealing with it is from what i can gather fairly new, so hopefully its not going to be a case of "a new broom..."...

The order has been shipped NOW via FEDEX and as i said above i do feel a bit bad as that's an additional cost too HK but again he has assured me any costs they will pay..(yet my invoice says VAT paid so struggling too see why another charge would be incurred..)..

But as most have agreed its only fair they do pay as its their system's that have caused the grief, but i am still on fence about that lol.

Oh well HOPEFULLY it will appear before next weekend............but i genuinely cant fault rob or HK for this matters resolution thus far that's for sure   :36_1_32v[1]:

If it's coming from the US it's possible you'll have customs, but perhaps if it says vat paid, it's a workaround. I know some ebay purchases from the states have you pay the vat upfront too. They may have it marked that you paid it to avoid additional charges and then credited you as a goodwill.

I don't think they should necessarily have to pay this for you as you imply though. Yes, it's a nice gesture, but IMO they've really done nothing wrong? You paid for a back ordered item. It did not give you any timescale as to when it would arrive, you had the option to just cancel if you didn't want to wait. You decided to make the purchase. I don't see how their systems have caused you grief? It's just your "blame game" seems unwarranted to me.

Don't get me wrong though, I am happy that you seem to be getting sorted and that thus far you've been treated exceptionally well. Hopefully it all works out.

Can't see hk paying import duty for you if it's coming from USA then expect a letter demanding money first but hopefully their like the main warehouse and mark the price down on postage deceleration to avoid chargers only time will tell

Can't see hk paying import duty for you if it's coming from USA then expect a letter demanding money first but hopefully their like the main warehouse and mark the price down on postage deceleration to avoid chargers only time will tell

What rob said is as long as proof it WILL BE DONE which is very kind.

ooooooooooooooooooosssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa   :xd:

WP_20150106_005.jpg

Well it proves HobbyKing CAN AND WILL get it right for their customers, Rob @HK USA is the man of my moment, a PLEASURE to deal with,

Straight up, and true too his and HK's word.

I WILL be using them again, Hopefully friday lol.

All i can say is to anyone reading this, please do take the time to Give HK a chance if things go pear shaped, be factual, and get too the issue quickly and things can and do get resolved as my issue prove's and for that i have nothing but respect for Hobbyking and their team.

Absolutely chuffed with them  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Right off too test it  :xd: