• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT14b Sport

Syncro

They are the older gt14b design with a brushed system in them, they run the two battery pack instead of the single which is one reason the gtb has taken over but to be fare the gt14b are a nice little buggy, there will still be plenty of hop ups if you wanted to get it to a pro spec.

Si

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just got a GT14B sport. My main thing is Mini-Z's but 18 months ago I ordered a Maverick ION XB for a bit of thrashing about on the road/garden with my daughter. It was much quicker than I expected, I really liked it (especially the feature to turn power down, for kids) but the first one only lasted a day before the ESC went, and it looks like the receiver/ESC has now failed on the replacement - it claims to be bound to the TX but does nothing. This and the regular replacement of the whole top deck as the front shock towers kept getting broken made me look for something a bit chunkier, and with more parts so replacement is easier. 

Only problem is, the GT14B sport is a LOT slower, great for when she is driving it but I want more go! It seems quite low geared, acceleration is good and the battery lasts a long time, so given I mostly run it on road I may try a smaller pinion and a cheap slightly modded 380 motor like a Tamiya "sport tuned 29T" 380 motor which is less than a tenner including shipping on Ebay. I'd like something cost effective given the whole car was

Edited by jehosophat

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the Tamiya motor - with a bit of faffing about with the pinion meshing, which is much harder to "trial and error" on the GT14B than on my Mini-Z's, but it seems good enough - it has a longer "run down" time now and definitely not too much play. The fitment of the

Edited by jehosophat

• 5 months later...

Sticking with the old school theme, Carisma are selling GT14B pro ARR chassis for 100USD - reduced from 250USD. Whether its as an  upgrade to a "sport" model (its cheaper than the pro upgrade pack - and includes a lot more parts) or a whole new build, that's good value, especially for something with so many shiny carbon and alloy bits on it. I "accidentally" ordered one yesterday... I know its old tech and the saddle packs are a PITA but it just seemed a lot of car for the money, its in the collection...

http://www.carisma-shop.com/en/product_detail.php?id=27

The GT14B Sport RTR is still running well in the hands of my daughter. The plastic undertray is a pain, it is stuck on with double sided tape when the car ships, I have put the front and rear T Bone bumpers on top of it to hold it in place and this works well. I Also ordered the "hard" springs as the stock ones seemed far too soft - especially for a child bouncing it over low kerbs - but they turned out to be the same as stock. So I put some rears on the fronts and big spacers on the rear. It is now pretty child proof, and with the cheap as chips Tamiya sport 380 motor and Overlander 1600mah saddle packs is a great car for the money, highly off-road capable for a micro too despite the road tyres. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/16/2014 at 5:32 PM, silone74 said:

They are the older gt14b design with a brushed system in them, they run the two battery pack instead of the single which is one reason the gtb has taken over but to be fare the gt14b are a nice little buggy, there will still be plenty of hop ups if you wanted to get it to a pro spec.

Si

Carisma direct have been selling off GT14B Pro ARR kits for silly money, I got one for 100USD but they were doing them for 50USD before Christmas (shipping is quite high though), I think they are now out of stock. I built mine up over the hols and it is a really nice car, with carbon everything, nice shocks, ball diffs and ARB all round, etc. I used EMB-1 motor/ESC/radio gear bought SH on here, as I know this ESC/motor runs quite well with NIMH. It's a shame the LiPo batteries are so hard to get hold of, it seems a really good car. 

Edited by jehosophat