• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Time Wasters

KORB

Last week I was asked for extra photos and a video of my buggy that was for sale, I sent pics and video as requested and was told by the guy he was happy with it but wasn't wanting to travel a 100 miles to collect it, so offered to take it the 100 miles at my expense only for him to not turn up, ignore texts, calls and whatsapp messages. I hope your plastering business fails miserably because you probably let customers down too. !! Rant over.

Why would you want to do a 200 mile round trip just for one buggy in the first place? Personally i'd only do this for someone i know well on the forum or for someone who has already paid for the item/delivery before setting off? 

It also would of been quicker/easier just to book a courier service and have it collected from your door...

• Like 2

Why would you want to do a 200 mile round trip just for one buggy? Personally i'd only do this for someone i know well on the forum or for someone who has already paid for the item/delivery before setting off? 

It also would of been quicker/easier just to book a courier service and have it collected from your door...

That would have been a option but I like to think people have some decency left and trusted him. Certainly won't be going to give anyone else that benefit anymore.

Only one way round this keep calling an ask him to go to random addresses to quote jobs cost him in time & fuel. Maybe he had his Xmas party last night & still plastered lol, chin up it's nearly Xmas

• Like 2

Yes in hindsight you should not have gone without either knowing them well or some previous payment....does not mean you should tar everyone with the same brush.

I disagree with anyone saying "do this" for revenge....but do report the situation to admin.

Sadly there are people out there that can waste your time and money but there are many ways to limit the risks of it happening.

Update.... Buggy was sold this afternoon. Even had fuel money paid directly in to my bank account for me to deliver it! Happy Christmas everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Why did it have to be dropped off on the first place?

He guy should have contacted you to say that he wasn't able to meet you but didn't you call him before leaving?

We had already agreed a meeting place and time. Sold now so not a problem anymore.