• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM Black poison wheels not fitting HPI hubs

ninjagaiden

Folks,

I ordered some of these King Motor wheels to get a better all-terrain setup on my Baja.

http://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/wheels-tyres/buggy-wheels/all-terrain-buggy-wheels-black-poison-rims-rear-pair.html

The wheels look great and they have a metal reinforced hex fittings, but they don't quite fit on my HPI hubs (same is true for fronts and rears). Anyone else had this problem?

I was going to just swap the tyres and beadlocks over to my old wheels but I quite like the design of the KM wheels. I'm thinking of how to remove a little material from the hexes without making the wheels wonky.

I would just get km hexs if needed, grinding the hexs down will probably at least one un even and bin worthy if not all of them. Its not worth it for how cheap km stuff is. 

It is weird tho i thought 24mm hex is standard and all wheels compatible. 

They should fit bud, try takin a hex off you car and press in to the wheel probably just a tight fit failing that I'd return them;)

• 1 month later...

never had this problem I have the poison rims and the pioneer rims for the truck and they fit fine on my hpi hexes and my km extended hubs. If anything I find them tight on my KM hexes. maybe just a tolerance issue, easily fixed with a bit of sand paper. the poison rims are solid really cant fault them, i have tried to break them.good choice of rim.