• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nearly ready to race TA05 with upgrades

joe of loath

As much as I hate to do this....

Solid club racer. Owned since new, lots of upgrades. Just needs new tyres, a radio and battery.

It's a TA05 (version 1), with 3racing carbon chassis, Tamiya alloy steering rack, Tamiya front universal joints, and carbon front hubs. Shell is a Dodge Stratus, electronics are a Bluebird high speed servo and EZrun/Speedpassion 120A ESC with Speedpassion 10.5t sensored motor.

The Good:

Not terribly well used, probably had a dozen club meetings on it? Moved on to more expensive things before I ever got particularly good at racing.

While the car's only been raced outside, the chassis was only raced outside once after fitting.

Built like a tank. Anyone who's owned one of these will vouch for how sturdy they are.

Goes like s**t off a shovel. Even with the obnoxiously large pinion gear (outlined below) I'd still break traction when pulling away, even with nicely warmed Sorex 28 race tyres.

The Bad: 

Bit dusty, needs a good spray down with a can of compressed air.

Obnoxiously large pinion gear (27t). I raced at Kemble airfield so geared for that massive long straightaway.

A few glue marks on the chassis from transponder/weight mounting.

Paint job's a bit messy. (Someone told me to use sharpie to outline the stripes. It ran).

Soldering's also a bit messy. I was 15 with a cheap iron and did the best I could.

The Ugly:
Couple of stripped screws. Will come out, but will need replacing.

Pictures:

iKH1uJt.jpg

RRwD9Ac.jpg

XcjwK8U.jpg

gJ9snkk.jpg

4NM08nF.jpg

BnqQKKU.jpg

As you can probably see, I've listed it as honestly as possible. I'm a little (very) out of touch, so (politely) let me know if I'm way off the mark here, but I was thinking

Edited by joe of loath