• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM X2 due soon..

Bigjimknickers

People thinking that I am making all this stuff up. As you can clearly see there is a huge problem with every aspect of this truck when Rcmodelz have now admitted. No need for me to say anything else. You can make up your own minds by looking into the problems and feedbacks

We will never hide any issues with anything we sell as everything in the rc industry can have issues but we also have sorted out these issues.

John you have absolutely nothing to apologise for and I think you did well to remain restrained for the amount of verbal abuse you were put under on a number of occasions on a certain FB page.

Just for the record John/rcmodelz offered on numerous occasions to sort any/all of his problems out but refused to saying why should I have to do this or that!!

Jesus the guy was trying to help you as was many others including myself and we all came to a conclusion you wasn't interested in any help but just wanted to slag the X2 off and RCMODELZ alas head hitting a brick wall....

Get over it and move on FFS as I'm bored oh and why don't you sell it on and be done with it

Places to look for, mainly on facebook kingmotor group. Where also posted on rcmodelz fb page but they started removing them as they didn't want people to see them. You can also check out other forums. Hope this helps

Places to look for, mainly on facebook kingmotor group. Where also posted on rcmodelz fb page but they started removing them as they didn't want people to see them. You can also check out other forums. Hope this helps

WHAT OTHER FORUMS? Just link them, it's a lot easier if you show us!

• Like 1

Frankly weak and pointless. Members have politely asked for specific links to back up your cause, surely it isn't too much trouble to evidence your comments properly.

There is a great deal of speculation and nonsense being banded around which is why hard evidence, either positive or negative, is sought. Anyone can rant and make negative comments via a keyboard, the truthful back it up. Not much to ask really :)

Well said

• Like 2

I have the x2 and so far I have rebuilt the diffs and shocks, the diffs were free from leaks and filled to the correct level on inspection, I cleaned out the diff oil and filled with new oil to suit my needs. The shocks were not filled to the correct level on inspection, but i was intending to replace the shock oil anyway. Shocks were of good cconstruction and worked well when I had finished.

All metal to metal machine screws had no sign of thread lock and we're covered in machine oil. (not unusual for any make of rc)

Pull start fell apart after 5 pulls, ordered new one to replace (again not unusual had same problem with a Savage) Replacemen fitted and works no problem.

Truck has not been driven yet as i have only just finished checking it over and rebuilding it. Seems well built overall.

Ps when rebuilding diffs i saw no gasket in any of them, is this correct?

Edited by Mikek777

You buy a Hpi, Losi or any other 'reputable' 5th scale make... What is the first thing you do? - Well most do anyway... Crack the diffs, shocks etc and check/change the levels...

Even if I bought the 5ive new I wouldn't just fire it up, I'd check all what I said and all the threads and thread lock what needed to be etc.

As for pull starts, I've seen how most try and start a petrol engine... Like they are punching the living carp out of someone on the floor, flat out pulling as hard as possible..  This would break the most hardy starters.  (Just pull to TDC on first click then sharp pull)..

The X2 is what it is, a cheaper version of a Losi 5ive, whether you like that or not..  I get the impression so far, if you prepare it and maintain it properly then it should be ok.  Like any other RC.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, but if there is going to be all this 'The X2 is carp, the X2 is the worst thing ever' then it should be backed up by pictures and videos detailing this.

My 2p. 

Edited by HYPER-BOY

No thats not correct they should have paper gasket in each one

not one paper gasket in any, where can i get these from.

No thats not correct they should have paper gasket in each one

not one paper gasket in any, where can i get these from.

We are still not getting to the crux of the outstanding challenge here, in-so-much as 'loads' have been sold and not one 'long term' & 'trusted' member on here can stand up and provide an objective review after running and X2 'properly'?  

Why not?

@John, if your customers can't vouch for the X2, please provide one of these trucks to someone to review.  Several have offered on this thread and their feedback and review would be useful to everyone...?  If its as good as you suggest, there is nothing to fear and only upside from doing this...!

• Like 2