• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM X2 due soon..

Bigjimknickers

I suspect he was going to talk about how much the KM stuff has improved in the past year or 2. Back in the day rovan / KM had many problems however they have improved a lot hence the popularity. 

Whatever your opinion you only have to browse the 1/5 scale forums and you will find how popular the KM is, I think that shows that they have improved since you last owned one.

My point exactly, in fact Rovan are still notorious for havin far inferior build quality and qc, don't get me wrong, most Rovan Bajas look a bit prettier that KM's, as does one version of their LT305 which is their 5ive clone.

I've been following a few topics on the Rovan LT over the past few weeks and they're all (bar the odd person here and there) having problems with em.

With KM it seems to be the other way around, with people seldom reporting build defects, reliabilty or durabilty issues, leaving the majority of owners with happy faces.

At the end of the day, no matter what the rc brand, if someone has a bad experience with a rig, they're unlikely to buy the same car again or even the same brand again and will tend to bad mouth them.

It's kind of sad that this is happening with the Clone companies, especially KM as they're delivering a product that currently rivals HPI (in my experience), as i do believe that they're supporting the hobby by bringing people into largescale ownership that otherwise wouldn't be able to afford the likes of Losi, FG, HPI etc.

• Like 3

But is it any bloody good? No one can answer that question yet, so it's all guessing, assumption and conjecture.

I deal in facts and nobody has got one and bashed it to test it. Until they do, it's pointless discussing any further!

• Like 1

My point exactly, in fact Rovan are still notorious for havin far inferior build quality and qc, don't get me wrong, most Rovan Bajas look a bit prettier that KM's, as does one version of their LT305 which is their 5ive clone.

I've been following a few topics on the Rovan LT over the past few weeks and they're all (bar the odd person here and there) having problems with em.

With KM it seems to be the other way around, with people seldom reporting build defects, reliabilty or durabilty issues, leaving the majority of owners with happy faces.

At the end of the day, no matter what the rc brand, if someone has a bad experience with a rig, they're unlikely to buy the same car again or even the same brand again and will tend to bad mouth them.

It's kind of sad that this is happening with the Clone companies, especially KM as they're delivering a product that currently rivals HPI (in my experience), as i do believe that they're supporting the hobby by bringing people into largescale ownership that otherwise wouldn't be able to afford the likes of Losi, FG, HPI etc.

Have you been following any other X2 threads? If so please link a few as I can't find jack!

More on the Rovan here, found an unboxing video, along with another two of the same chap starting to go through the truck starting with the shocks and wheels.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZdRGGwJJgxPBhzjKN4Sy98WZuan17P8r

It's a pretty recent video and the LT has been available for a good six months now and things aren't looking good lol.

I know he's Eastern European but at least you can understand him.

This isn't turning me off the KM at all, it's got me getting more prepared for the tear down. Soo I'm getting stock weight Losi shock oils in, plently of threadlock, and other stock odds sods i can get my hands on.

Is this actually a thread on the X2 or a mass debate on the old original vs clone debate.. Doesn't seem to be that much on the actual product. :sly:

Its a waiting thread

1 everyone waits for price

2 everyone waits on delivery of boxes

3 now everyone waits on review....

And in between we talk about anything else ;)

Edited by jjdsplace

Not sure how to take this review, His channel is called "Acid RC" Yet he has no idea what a Flysky GT3B is, And describes it as an  "Old plastic Chinese rubbish remote", When we all know it is much more, And much better than that.

What you waiting for there in at rc modelz arnt they? Or am i thinking of the wrong one?

i think Im on about the losi clone arnt i, what is the X2 iv never seen one i don't think

Edited by flatout!

I'm must admit tempted by one to be a project like my T1000A that I used as a base model that I upgraded with after market Hop Ups.  All I want to know is whether this definitely LOSI 5ive compatible so that any upgrades will work with it.  I cant find anything that confirms it is and unless someone can confirm I cant Justify buying one.

DJB

I'm must admit tempted by one to be a project like my T1000A that I used as a base model that I upgraded with after market Hop Ups. All I want to know is whether this definitely LOSI 5ive compatible so that any upgrades will work with it. I cant find anything that confirms it is and unless someone can confirm I cant Justify buying one.

DJB

I will be looking at compatibility