• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Norco's Losi 8ight 3.0E

Saw this on Terry's FB group a few weeks ago, very nice mate

Ohh just seen your FS add for the lipos, you say you need ROAR approved lipos?? you planning to race in the US? Think you wanna get BRCA approved lipos mate

i gave terry a very loose brief and i'm really impressed with the overall result. and that's what i meant XD

That looks very nice mate. What lipo's do you have now? If they are hard case then you should be fine. No one has ever asked to see mine anyway. :D

i've got some turnigy 4500mah hardcase 4s lipos. i cannot find a list a of brca approved 4s lipos anywhere only 2s and a pair of 2S would be a very tight fit under my shell lol

As long as they are hard case then you will be absolutely fine to run at NDOR. I wouldn't worry to much about changing your ESC/motor in a hurry. The 2200kv will be perfect as long as you gear it correctly. :)

Forgot to add that I run a 2100kv in my S-workz and its very well suited to the track.

Edited by neil.b
  • Like 1

As long as they are hard case then you will be absolutely fine to run at NDOR. I wouldn't worry to much about changing your ESC/motor in a hurry. The 2200kv will be perfect as long as you gear it correctly. :)

Forgot to add that I run a 2100kv in my S-workz and its very well suited to the track.

i actually have a plan for the castle combo, plus the esc and it's mount are a little tall for the losi in reality and the tekin will give a much much better fit and finish. but i appreciate what your saying, hopefully i will be down early in the new year =]

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well after a trip to mr noj this is all soldered up and ready to go. I have learnt a few things 

1. Tekin are immensely smooth

2. tekin are incredibly powerful

3. anyone who says 4S isn't enough for a buggy is wrong

4. Must fit wheelie bar!!!

5. Carbon and tarmac don't mix, hence the return to alloy towers

IMG_04191_zpsd58ae787.jpg

IMG_04201_zps35cd52e7.jpg

IMG_04151_zpsacfa1152.jpg

You can just turn up. You don't need to be a member. We are open every Saturday and Sunday for practice/bashing apart from race days which is usually the 3rd Sunday of every month. :)

You will most likely want to bring some Schumacher Spirals with you as they are the tyre of choice for damp/wet conditions (which seems to be most of the time lately :/ ). If you don't have any I should be able to lend you a set. :)

• Like 1

It wasn't going to get run on grass, but it did, until run over by the PMT! ;)

It is fast. Very, very fast. Brakes on a sixpence, sits on the wing and wheelies down the road.

Not soldering another rx8 up in a hurry though, well, not belonging to someone else, lol!

• Like 1

You can just turn up. You don't need to be a member. We are open every Saturday and Sunday for practice/bashing apart from race days which is usually the 3rd Sunday of every month. :)

You will most likely want to bring some Schumacher Spirals with you as they are the tyre of choice for damp/wet conditions (which seems to be most of the time lately :/ ). If you don't have any I should be able to lend you a set. :)

that's fantastic buddy thank you =] as soon as i know exactly which sunday i will be down i will pm you for times and costs etc really looking forward to taking it to the track now. 

It wasn't going to get run on grass, but it did, until run over by the PMT! ;)

It is fast. Very, very fast. Brakes on a sixpence, sits on the wing and wheelies down the road.

Not soldering another rx8 up in a hurry though, well, not belonging to someone else, lol!

you know i appreciate it lol, but indeed the next rx8 i will be soldering =] aside from being run over it was a successful first run. still can't get over it's pace on 4s though!!