• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

Sounds like a really good service :) got any links? Tried googling as motors/tuning ect.... But didn't come up with much lol

My bit of good fortune was bound to run out and it seems it has :/

Engine just has no life in it whatsoever.

Put a new killswitch on which I know definitely works, nothing.

Changed coil and spark plug, nothing.

Fuels definitely getting through and it's not set overly rich because it was starting fine from cold yesterday.

Oh well, plan B.

Nah it wasn't flooded matey I checked that, most peculiar, it randomly fired up.

Wondering if it's difficult to start simply because it's so new and highly tuned?

It's very very tight still and I've got one hell of a pullstart knuckle blister :lol:

Going to try it again tomorrow, I let it idle for a good 10 minutes with some gentle revs every so often and it seemed fine, but you never know what tomorrow may bring so I'll try it again in the morning and all being well, might get a few tanks through it tomorrow at a spot I've found about 5 miles away.

Fingers crossed and everything! :)

This might make yas fell a bit better..lol

After talking about it I decided to start the marder up that has Antonio's fullmod head kit on.

Its been sittin for about 12 months and fired straight up no probs, still had the old fuel too..:D

• Like 1

Was gonna take it out an pop some wheelies..lol but I forgot I gave my tb servo to my mate.

Tbh it gets boring anyways, its fast as an wheelies all over the place but as soon you show it a corner it just falls over..:D

I had same issue the other day, changed the insulator block to an alloy one with the white ceramic gaskets (Ada one I think it was) and it started first time. 

I also found that my plug wouldn't spark once the engine was flooded yet leaving it overnight for the fuel to evaporate off and it was sparking again.

Edited by andyknight

Some birthday bash pictures :)

Sadly not as many as I'd like to show but my Internet is currenty dictating everything.

Same reason I can no longer upload videos!

I'm working on it, hoping fibre optic is here soon and with some luck, that might speed things up for me.

DSC05155%202_zps36lrzxrt.jpg

DSC05292%202_zpsnfvjoqfc.jpg

DSC05165%202_zpshkrabchi.jpg

DSC05207%202_zpsjtneaa8b.jpg

DSC05181%202_zps2ulryzpq.jpg

• Like 1

That just leads me to my home page on eBay Mark lol.

Not run it today yet Jim, just charging mine and my Dad's up then we're off to the most local bash spot we can find to see what the situation is.

Fingers crossed all is well with it, it's had all night to release some gremlins though :lol:

Just put another 1 1/2 tanks through it... When I first fire it up it seems to rev itself a bit, then stalls, you start it up again and get it moving round, very boggy, but after about a minute it's an animal... Definitely no air leaks though, I've checked, air filter is tight, carbs tight, heads tight, going to put it down to newness and live with it because once it's stopped having it's period it's a bloody quick engine!

It would be nice if once it's had a good 5-6 tanks and it's loosened up, if it stopped doing it but if it continues to do it, it's no big deal really.

Anyone else experienced the same with a highly strung engine when new?

Also crashed very hard, and my right shock wouldn't go down, both arms where well bent, cup wouldn't move, wheel was locked up, presumed I'd snapped something, on inspection and stripping down, the dog bone had hit so hard into the cup it had lodged in it, freed it up, put it all back on and cracked on.

Then I lost all drive, which ended the run, assumed at first it was the clutch bell which would have annoyed me, not even quite 3 tanks intno a TR bell, but it turns out to have snapped the pin off a dog bone.

I can see the dog bones been eaten for fun on this engine.

Time to re-think the dog bones, ideally something strong that fits in stock cups, anyone got any ideas?

Without saying the ball drive system, as I definitely can't afford that until some stuff sells.