• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's oh no not again?!

Oh How Original

Had the badger out today, gave it a good blast on 19/55, sadly, the bolt in the pinions snapped and so of course the excess piece of bolt HAD to get stuck in the spur and strip that :lol: had to order another spur and clutch bell, too lazy to drill sod it :lol:

And just to show she hasn't turned intno a shelf queen :lol:

IMG-20150228-WA0004_zpsigqed8dy.jpg

You cant beat it when its been raining, I got caught out in the rain and I loved it, I wouldnt have gone out when its raining, but since getting caught out in it, im out in it all now sod the rain im not bothered about it lol!

It makes a mess but wow! its loads more fun in the rain loads more fun lol! Especially now iv got the rear hostiles on, there ace man.:)

Edited by flatout!

Its about the grit that gets in between the tank and servo box, it wears away at them selfs, and i dont like taking the tank out to get under it and i had somthing puncture my fuel tank not so long ago, so hopefully this will stop all the crap getting in there and stop anything puncturing my tank again :)

Got to admit in all my years of large scales I've yet to have a punctured fuel tank, that was very unlucky mate.

It doesn't bother me really, as long as it's not sand or sea water, which it never is, then it won't do any harm, I just check my bearings, check bolts and that's it, any cleaning only happens when it gets a full strip down, or bits I knock off to get at bolts for repairs and such lol.

I cant do it mines in the house in the living room, theres no were else to put it ive only got three rooms, bathroom, living room, bedroom, i can sleep with it but the mrs hates the thing anyways so id never get anything for it lol!,

iv just bought a Hitec servo

Edited by flatout!

Its the new hitec hv t/b servo titanium gears and very quick to, thats what I was after the speed, I didnt see anything with the same weight it moved and the speed is the mean reason,

I ask you guys on a thred about servos and I got no answers on what to go for, iv done a bit of research and a few adviced it so, its on its way, it's better than a pocsy servo thats in it that dosnt work,

I no pal, they go straight in aswell no changing horns or brackets so it fits, straight in kidda, no messing, that speed its going to rev a lot quicker, i could light a fag in the time the break come on with the standed servo :)

I no pal, they go straight in aswell no changing horns or brackets so it fits, straight in kidda, no messing, that speed its going to rev a lot quicker, i could light a fag in the time the break come on with the standed servo :)

2 things.

1. i hope you are running a HV throttle servo

2. i hope you have a lipo fitted without a regulator.

I actually didn't know what you meant.

Assumed you'd seen the comment about it revving faster :)

But yeah, not a whole hell of a lot of point to getting a super fast HV servo then running it on Neeeeem powaaa.

i thought he was talking about getting a hv steering servo.

but point remains the same though, unless you can run them on direct lipo their speed and torque values are not much better than any other servo, and running direct lipo on a servo with a circuit board not designed for 7.4v will fry them.

in short, unless you change both servos for HV and run direct lipo there isn't much point in doing it.

• Like 1

i thought he was talking about getting a hv steering servo.

but point remains the same though, unless you can run them on direct lipo their speed and torque values are not much better than any other servo, and running direct lipo on a servo with a circuit board not designed for 7.4v will fry them.

in short, unless you change both servos for HV and run direct lipo there isn't much point in doing it.

so what shall I do leave the broken servo in? What,? Dos it really matter what servo it is?, it's going in it, the km one is screwed, its leaked grease out every time i used it and it's always been slow and now the dam things packed up already, so iv got a servo to replace it, job done,

if it needs a up graded batteries then that's what it shall have, it needs upgrading for longer running time and more range dosnt it?

so what shall I do leave the broken servo in? What,? Dos it really matter what servo it is?, it's going in it, the km one is screwed, its leaked grease out every time i used it and it's always been slow and now the dam things packed up already, so iv got a servo to replace it, job done,

if it needs a up graded batteries then that's what it shall have, it needs upgrading for longer running time and more range dosnt it?

apparently you have taken my comment quite badly

at no point did i say you made a bad choice, or that you should leave a broken servo in the car, had that been my opinion i'd have said so, as most people will know i tend no to sugar coat it, i believe OHO and Noj can agree to that going by what both have said in the past.

upgrading the battery is up to you, i was only stating that the torque and speed figures would have been from the servo being run on 7.4v, you will be running it (presumably at least to begin with) on 6v which would mean both figures will be lower than what is stated in the spec, unless they have shown the 6v figures as well.

whether or not the battery NEEDS upgrading is your call, personally my answer would be a no, due to the fact you either need to buy servos that can handle the extra 1.4 volts or a regulator to use a lipo. that said i may well go lipo, once my current servos die i shall be fitting HV ones as you have gone for, but i'll be running them on 6v until both servos have been changed.

longer running time i couldn't be sure, the radio gear doesn't take much power to run compared to the 1/8th bl set ups, one thing that it will do is keep the strength of the servos better due to the lower voltage drop, so steering and braking power and speed won't drop as much near the end of the charge as it does with the nimh battery.

as for the range, battery doesn't make a difference, that bit is more to do with you radio then how many volts to can put through the rx.