• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lc racing Truggy

silone74

Well, I believe the current buggy motor to be a Leopard.

Assumption leads to the same but..?

I think it will be very similar to this

I 'm also expecting a price rise in general though.  So around 220 Euro from Germany sounds about right, what with the current  Euro to dollar rate :(

Edited by Deafty

I just wish they would make it available to the public !

I'd have one as going of the emb1 against the mini 8 it's a better buggy, so in theory this should be a better truggy than the m8t which I had

Thats just it.

I am dubious.  I have not done a full suspension test with 1:10 buggy rims but I am confident the shock compression is border line.  (As in the chassis hits the ground after full shock compression)

The MT in regards to this is tight, but with the fact that the tires are big and very soft you get away from what would be resulting arm damage.

IMO this is why it has taken a long time to release.  A certain offset will allow full compression with chassis 1st touching the ground.  What that is I do not know.

If they do not release the rims without tires and 1:10 buggy tires will not fit then I'm going down the  wheel hex extender route.  Something like this which is very close to a 1/2" offset.

Edited by Deafty

That's up a bit of a let down if its just the SCT with different wheels and shell. The mt might be the better option as you can fit a mini erevo shell and youll have an truggy. You could fit a larger motor to the MT if you moved the ESC and RX to the top deck.

So no need to wait then, get an SCT or rally, order up an M8T shell and wing, the emb-1b wing mount and finally some big offset Merv 2.2 wheels with whatever pro line buggy rubber you prefer and you're done.

Was really hoping for longer arms, not a proper truggy without them :(

You are forgetting the motor aren't you?  :P

I am dubious that 14mm width increase is not enough.

My biggest concern has and always will be the arms.  How will the suspension behave?  Should really have higher towers, and further out bottom shock mounts,. surely?

Time will tell-...

Edited by Deafty

surely it wouldnt be too hard to make up some new shock mounts from aluminium sheet and maybe pair it with some smaller 1/10 shocks of about 65-68mm ish. youd also get the slightly harder spring rates that would be desirable for the truggy as it retains inward lower shock position.

has anyone tried to fit buggy rears to thier LC? like losi 22 etc?

EMB-TG is another racing cars of LC Racing with 1/10 buggy rear

tires, bigger motor,

new and solid wing, contiune to meet LC Racing fans expectations

• 1. LCRacing designed treaded 1/10 scale rear tires, grip 20% more than same level.
  • 2. LCRacing designed slipper with gear cover
  • 3. Aluminum-threaded, oil-filled, coil-over, 6061-T6 adjustable shocks
  • 4. 2.5mm 6061-T6 aluminum shock towers
  • 5. Front and rear metal gear differentials, 2.0mm gear shaft, precise
  • 6. 35A programmable ESC, Lipo(2S/3S) compatible  (Is it the new water proof one?)
  • 7. High power and efficient 4 pole 2850 brushless motor with adjustable aluminum mount
  • 8. 4WD metal shaft drivetrain
  • 9. Batan D115 digital mini servo with adjustable saver
  • 10. Metal hinge-pins with rounded front bumper
  • 11. Batan 2.4GHz radio system
  • 12. High rate 7.2V 1100mAh NiMH battery with 3.5mm gold connectors
  • 13. Smart and fast charger
  • 14. 2.5mm aluminum rear and front kick-up chassis with dirt guards
  • 15, Heavy-duty adjustable turnbuckles
  • 16, high-performance all ball Bearing

Pretty much confirmation of naf all changes.  But bear in mind LC have always tweaked their tolerances, now have a std design 6 gear diff (which is said to be better sealed)but no confirmation whether it comes standard.  Out drives now come as single spares packet, so quality may have improved?  Not to mention the countless other parts that have been split up into smaller bags.  In my experience with LC, more often than not product quality improves with each major production run ;)

So overall This will be better than a conversion of current kits but not really what we were wanting.  I couldn't care less about whether or not the esc is now waterproof but some of you may enjoy that.

• Length: 345mm (13.6in)   ---> compared to SCT (bumpers maybe) Length: 360mm
  • Width: 235mm (9.3in)  --> compared to MT: Width: 235mm (9.25in)  (MT has wide tires)
  • Wheelbase: 228mm (9in)  -->  compared to SCT: 225mm or MT or buggy: 185mm
  • Weight: 1.10kg (2.4lbs with battery)  --> compared to SCT Weight: 1.08kg
  • Wheel hexes: 12mm
  • Motor 4 Pole 2850 4500kv --> compared to others 2838 4 pole 4500kv
  • Gear ratio: 8.23

Are the arms flipped to get that extra 3mm wheel base? or is this just a measurement from the larger buggy tires causing this discrepency?

Some parts now listed but no idea if they come stock :(

I am hoping to see this in the flesh later today :)

Edited by Deafty

IMO the things LC need to improve RIGHT NOW is the slop in the spindles and steering cross bar.. there is far too much play in those front spindles making it a bit wandery. I'm betting that with the 2.2" truggy wheels , the wheels will be pointing in some very vague direction with +-10 dgerees of play!

• 1 month later...

ironic that all my speculations are actually true.

Water proof esc

offset wheels

bigger motor.

Pointless really,. I will just convert

the fact that these have landed in NewZealand before Europe is also kinda amusing

Edited by Deafty

yup there half a dozen truggies about 5 mins down the road from me! hehe.

they do seem to be good at constant improvement and the importer here is very helpful and is always giving feedback to them.

theres nothing "wow" about the truggy if you already have an SCT .just small improvements, i'm betting theyll come up with some better gearing soon. it is FAST in stock form but really too highly geared for indoor carpet track (unless its a BIG hall)

our importer ran it in one practice race and then went back to his SCT. we should have put the rally wheels on it and seen how it went. (we all run our SCT's with rally wheels /touring wheels.