• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobbyking Sabretooth Truggy 1/8

I hope it don't break too much as parts have to come from the global site and are nearly always going on back order for weeks at a time last i looked !!  :shockingscary:

I think it will be fine for light to medium abuse  :thumbsup:

I am not hard on my Rc's. And if and when it breaks something i will hope i will have amassed a selection of parts.

The Sabertooth is my winter project. My Big Block Revo is getting shelved till spring.

same mate ive shelved my revo too and sold off abit of it. I will rebuild it when i can use it properly tho. Now im moving onto a new build too that won't get used either lol. But they'll be ready for when i can get to better grounds.

Today, I have checked every screw, nut and bolt for tightness and applied threadlock. There wasn't many i would say was loose, except the wheel nuts, they were on only hand tight.

The one thing i could not get removed for thread lock was the pinion grub screw.

IMG_20141123_084403_zpspntfhufq.jpg

It was Super Mega tight. So i left it as is. 

Done a better mesh on the teeth, as i felt it was a bit to perfect.

Next i removed the shocks, and refilled them with 50wt shock oil. The rears had a milky oil in them, and the fronts were clear.

I haven't noticed a great deal of improvement in the dampening action.

More experimentation required.

Lol, so what I was getting at is if it came with like a 13t pinny or something then you would of wanted to be taking that pinion off as it would of been super slow....15t should be OK, 17t ish will probably be more suitable.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Lol, so what I was getting at is if it came with like a 13t pinny or something then you would of wanted to be taking that pinion off as it would of been super slow....15t should be OK, 17t ish will probably be more suitable.

Let us know how you get on with it.

that pinion that i was going to remove and thread lock is a 15t. there isnt any other sizes in the kit.

yeah thats fair enough but generally the pinions which are included with cars are quite a conservative size.

So, when its time to run it, should i have a different size ready to swap out to??

I have been looking at fitting a receiver box somewhere. Not a lot of space.

On the list is; RPM Receiver box or possibly the Sampede 4x4 box?

Also; Convert the battery connections to XT60?

Looking at 2S batteries, there is a mind boggling amount to choose from.

There's some footage on youtube of some guy in the States giving one of these some serious stick at a skate park, seems to be able to soak it up rather well, which is just as well considering parts availabilty.

I was considering the Turnigy SCT kit but dismissed it mainly for the parts supply. A friend, however, did press the button on a Basher nitro circus SCT, and he's been very pleased with it.

• Like 1