• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ultra Flat Head Carburettor Wrench

-BEZ-

gallery_17530_8_26522.jpg

Its so often that we just see "new" tools that are just different colours of existing products. And I'm always surprised when I see something that is so simple but yet would make life soo much easier for so many people in the hobby.

For people new to the hobby or nitro I think this tool would be an awesome addition to the tool box. As it reminds the user which way to turn the carb screw for what change, marks the distance turned and also has a handy flywheel stopper. 

I cant find any information on price but please see the source link below for more information on this little beauty.

The company blurb:

The Revolution Design Racing Products Ultra Flat Head Carburator Wrench is not just your ordinary flat head screwdriver but a precision tool to adjust and monitor your engine's carburettor settings in the best possible way. Offering a hardened spring steel 4x0.8mm tool tip the wrench is ideal to adjust all mixture needles found on today's engines such as the main and idle needle but also mid range needles on competition engines. And the cleverness does not end here! When holding the gauge incorporated into the blade in place and turning the wrench at the same time you can easily read and monitor the changes you do to the needle settings. How often have you heard you racing buddies to lean the "main needle by a quarter of a turn". You now can make it even more exact by using the Ultra Flat Head Carburator Wrench. And once you are done with your race you can easily stop the engine by pressing the upper rubber plug against the engine's flywheel. As usual the tool handle come made from black anodised aluminium with laser-etched logos for that signature Revolution Design look.

gallery_17530_8_129859.jpg

Source: [revolution-rc.com]

this is one of those products the fits nicely in to the folder marked

"why was this thought of sooner?"

ha ha,no.This is one of those products that says..."I'm gimmicky,buy me!"   Everyone can use a normal screwdriver and see which way the screw is turning :yes:

• Like 1

It is a nice idea, but to be honest, the comments replying to it are 'harsh but fair'.

You really should understand the basics of how a clock rotates, how to use a screwdriver, and thus which way is richer, which way is leaner.

Al.

I think some of the comments are misunderstanding how the tool is supposed to be used. It's not to show which way to turn to adjust the mixture, but to show you precisely how much you have actually turned the screw. It makes it blindingly obvious exactly where an 1/8th of a turn is, removing a bit of guesswork.

• Like 1

Exactly as above. The ammount of times i forgot where i am and winde it back in and start again is madd. This would be very cool and you'd soon be able to read the needles like any gauge. 

Ide rather buy the dial thing and add it to a normal driver tho. a pack of 3 even one per engine. Then you'd just have to swing it over to X for conditions of the day. 

alot of you seem to have missed the point aswell, this isn't aimed at the pro tuners or the racers.

its aimed at the people who need it, the noobs, the ones who haven't yet learned which way to turn to lean the engine.

it will also be good for people with bad eye sight that struggle to know how far 1/8th of a turn is

• Like 1