• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage - Ultimate Winter Basher - Build

rctech132

• 4 weeks later...

havent posten in a while sorry about that. Mainly because i haven't done anything! Only just received my Waterproof Savox Servo this morning so installed it and tested is on my desk and everything seems to work! result!

Next on the list is a waterproof test run lol. Which with the current weather wont be all too far away. 

First test run today. Nothing special jst up and down my very wet road. Sounds louder than it should not sure if thats the savage drivetrain again or the fact the motors not in the best way but everything works perfectly. last thing on the list to finish this thing off is a nice truck body to go on the top. Though about selling it aswell but not sure yet.

First "proper" run today. Wanted to test waterproofness and just the truck in general. Also was interested in if they wheels would strip immediately which in fact they didn't! I got some normal body posts and stole the body of my other savy flux as i still don't have one for this one. Lower body looks a lot better imo.

Wasn't long before i found a horse track covered in puddles which i quickly turned into a rather good mud bog :D So my brand newly built savage got a little dirty:

And A lot more dirty:

And a final pic at the end of my run:

I did manage to accidentally drive my car into a small pond resulting in the whole car being completely submerged for around 10 seconds.... had to get a wet foot but pulled it out and it worked perfectly! Success. I officially name this car WATERPROOF :D I actually haven't got a waterproof receiver in there so i was lucky i think. Eventually ill get a waterproof spektrum one.
  • Like 1

Video from yesterday: 

Bit or a trail run, a swamp swell as a good clean at the end! If you like the video give it a like and subscribe as it helps the channel a lot. 

Cheers guys  :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Got the hot racing hexes so now running 17mm truggy wheels till I get some nice beefy monster ones. All cleaned up now waiting for the next bash however both my turnigy 2s lipos puffed so now I only have the pair of 3s and the 2s hpi plazmas. Still haven't ordered a new body can't really decide what style to get?? Any ideas. Also what wheels to get?? Or if anyone's selling any 17mm monster wheels let me know.