• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Typhon/Kraton Owners Club

Devin

2 is not too bad but does make you sit up and wonder !!..

I did read somewhere there rebadged Xerun that have been slightly uprated lets hope there not the one's that never made it passed QC !!!

Yeah it does I've heard that it is something similar to what hobbywing produce so hopefully there is some sort of replacement available :)

I posted a link to this thread over on URC and some of the guys there are asking for some more info and any pics or vids you may have of what happened??.. 

Here is a link to the thread 

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2153018#post2153018

Okay ill see if i can get some studio footage done explaining what happened with but you tell them that basically i was running on smooth grass and my servo couldn't find its center point. At this stage i decided to turn the car off in the hope it would resolve itself unfortunately when i switched the back on the car decided to go full throttle with no input from me so i quickly grabbed it and switched it off again. I then turned it on again after leaving ti for 5 mins and the esc and servo both went up in smoke

My GV Cage smoked two ESCs, at this point I decided to change the servo as I couldn't see anything else that would cause it. It never smoked another ESC after that.

Just thought I'd mention.

My GV Cage smoked two ESCs, at this point I decided to change the servo as I couldn't see anything else that would cause it. It never smoked another ESC after that.

Just thought I'd mention.

Thankyou for that my friend that maybe the case i have contacted hobbico Uk and they should be getting back to me soon they said that the likely hood is that they will replace the electronics or give me a replacement car but nothing is for certain so its just a waiting game

Modelsport did ask for the car back, but I figured I'd just sort it myself, who wants a stock servo anyway? They're always crap.

Haha true true I'm not what's going to happen but I've notified modelsport so we will see what happens soon

Mine has turned up today, no fires and nothing's broken.

Probably because I haven't run it yet :sly:

Haha hopefully nothing happens to yours bud

Looks a bit slow to me....

Well considering it went wrong on Sunday and I contacted them first on Monday I think they have done well

Perhaps Hobbico have turned over a new leaf then ?? The only dealings i have had have been for the MT4 and that was god awful service ..

I did read somewhere that prior to release of these everywhere apparently had stocked up on spares !!.. not sure if the conversation was just regarding the US market or everywhere ?? .. Modelsport don't show any spares available at the minute thou ..

Perhaps this is to cover any warranty claims if so this would show some of the higher companies like hpi or losi the way to go !!!!..  But it also could be there expecting a lot of claims as their brand is a little fragile !! which would be a crying shame.. 

Slow as in not moving that fast on the video footage. No comment on the effectiveness of supplier to replace dead components ;)

Ahh okay sorry about that haha yeah I think it's underground for 4s out of the box in my opinion

No apols needed fella.....the first vid was funny, as the lad was so in awe of the speed, lol!

Haha the thing is that is me im BashingWithRadioControl im kind of new to 1/8th scales so i wasn't to sure of they were capable of 

• Like 1