• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Typhon/Kraton Owners Club

Devin

Not sure we are reading the same thread then ? There was 2 threads one on the Kraton and one on the Typhon on the kraton thread guys where shattering bearings cracking front knuckles burning out ESC snapping the pins in the diffs and so on . So you must have been reading another thread ?.

Alloy wing mounts are not the best idea imo as the cause too much stress to there mounting point and just snap there instead or bend but I hope you find a fix .

it must have been a different thread over on urc. its a bummer that they are still having trouble with their site. anyway, i fabricated some support brackets for the wing mount. well see how well everything holds up.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/GiHyH43r5xt8wr7YKmcX3wv9vXA7kIZyUiNPSchHA0FutJ9-kBTHDVBtnAnuWVmMWySGQR2OO2-_r5FyMESert5AcYmlJQwc=w1338-h510

otherwise my typhon is holding up great, but this may partly be due to me only running it on 4s. im imagining that the 6s power is what is leading to most the esc/drivetrain issues. ive also picked up the fast eddy shielded bearing set.

http://www.fasteddybearings.com/arrma-typhon-speed-buggy-sealed-bearing-kit/

not because i experienced failures. just because i like their bearings and i put them in all my rc vehicles as my first upgrade. also, i did snap a hex pin, so i replaced em with these.

http://www.asiatees.com/display?Team-C-GT8LE-Parts-Hop-Ups-Upgrades&brand=Team%20C&model=GT8LE&id=78892&pid=1

hopefully they hold up a little better.

• Like 1

0d0784cc31291456a8fc79fde127ccc8.jpg3d7c1ce54c30e3af706c9b32c812e31a.jpg

Update in the buggy I'm going to my local rc track tomorrow to get a feel for it on a track I've upped the pinion to the optional 16t as I'm only running on 4s I have also switched out my servo, btw this servo is ridiculous I originally had it in my slash 4x4 but I had no idea how powerful it was until I put into the typhon the transit time is off the hook and the torque is adequate for the buggies weight

Okay time for another update so i went to my local track today and the car performed well definitely not a racer but i think with some tuning it could be half decent around the track, i definitely needs new tires my stock ones were worn so much i could not turn the car at the end of the strait away but this is when the track was wet after it dried up it was better so i cant say anything about the handling until i get some new tires but from my view it could defiantly do well at a club level it was dicing it up with heavily tuned nitros and it could catch and overtake them even with poor tires. The durability was excellent and the servo i put it was amazing in it the only concern was that my esc kept cutting the power on the packs and after i charged them they only took 2000mah and there 5700 rated so the esc is cutting in way to early any suggestions on what to do?

• Like 1

Okay time for another update so i went to my local track today and the car performed well definitely not a racer but i think with some tuning it could be half decent around the track, i definitely needs new tires my stock ones were worn so much i could not turn the car at the end of the strait away but this is when the track was wet after it dried up it was better so i cant say anything about the handling until i get some new tires but from my view it could defiantly do well at a club level it was dicing it up with heavily tuned nitros and it could catch and overtake them even with poor tires. The durability was excellent and the servo i put it was amazing in it the only concern was that my esc kept cutting the power on the packs and after i charged them they only took 2000mah and there 5700 rated so the esc is cutting in way to early any suggestions on what to do?

Try disabling LVC on your ESC.

Ahh okay I did have a problem where the batteries kept unplugging then selves but I haven't heard of them causing breaks in the power

A few guys that had the Katon over on urc had said they where getting breaks in power and leads unplugging and had to wiggle the wires to regain power .. Perhaps they have a dry solder joint at the plug or on the esc itself .. Not unheard of if your using cheap solder !!.. 

Both trucks do seem to be plagued with esc and servo faults ?? 

Even my mates one in his Kraton has gone back that one fell ill of the magic white smoke !! .. He is know running a traxxas/castle 2200kv motor and a quicrun 150a esc with a turnigy 1258 servo and its a much better beast 

seems to me you guy's could have saved yourselves a lot of trouble if you bought a TT MT4G3, the bashers choice, just sayin is all .

agree.....my 2nd hand but very well looked after mt4g3 has had hardly any issues. ....apart from me being stupid on concrete bmx/skate parks.....which is to b expected imo.....the odd broken body post/mount.....I replaced my 1st lower arm the other wk....aahh...thats it!!.ho and a few hingepins.......no stripped wheel hexs......blown esc's....dodgy servos..ok mine has a savox...no bent chassis/towers....and I regularly bash on 6s.....as I now have 3x 6s lipos....and yes 6s will kill a rc if ur not carefull.....6s makes u do things u wouldn't normally thk of doing......although I do love the look of the typhoon..... Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

Yeah we've all fallen into the trap of buying a car based on the cosmetics I'm afraid, I ordered a Tamiya ford Capri Wurth for my christmas present to self just cause it looks great,

Better stay on topic now mind for fear of the PC Police.

Well the TT cars have been around for a long time and it has a proven platform buy not without its flaws which all rc cars have this one just happens to be electronic wise in my case but the platform is excellent and remember mine is a early production model

Well the TT cars have been around for a long time and it has a proven platform buy not without its flaws which all rc cars have this one just happens to be electronic wise in my case but the platform is excellent and remember mine is a early production model

I know exactly what you mean. ..mk1 models of almost anything ever made will have issues. ..and hopefully they'll sort out the issues in the next mk of said model. ... Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

A few guys that had the Katon over on urc had said they where getting breaks in power and leads unplugging and had to wiggle the wires to regain power .. Perhaps they have a dry solder joint at the plug or on the esc itself .. Not unheard of if your using cheap solder !!.. 

The stock connectors are junk. I was experiencing breaks in power. I replaced the connectors. Not a problem since. I haven't had any esc or servo issues, but I've only run mine on 4s. On another note, I took my typhon to the track last Friday. It was my first time ever racing, so I didn't exactly do great, but i didn't end up in last place (second to last. Lol!). Anyway, the car held up great. I took a couple really hard crashes in the wing, and my wing mount support kept the wing mount from breaking! However, one crash was so hard that I cracked the wing (fixed for now with a zip tie stitch). I also broke another a arm, but it was a worthy crash. I hit a double double, and went off the track when I hit the second double and clipped a concrete pillar with the left front wheel at full speed. Fortunately I had a spare on hand. Since the track day I have made a few modifications. I did some maintenance on the diffs and changed out the oil for front-centre-rear, 5000-7000-3000. I added some Kyosho light blue mp9 springs, and put in the fast eddy bearings. I took it for a bash session at the field by my house this morning, and the handling is much more predictable. It's got very controllable oversteer now.

• Like 1

So i took her to the track today for practice, and the new setup is amazing. i was keeping up with the local club guys running teknos and mp9Es. i had a handful of REALLY hard crashes, and the car held up great. my wing mount support that i made is absolutely fantastic. im absolutely positive i would have broke the stock one at least 10 times by now without it. i cracked the stock wing all to pieces. ill post pics when i get the chance to give everyone an idea of how hard ive been crashing this thing. Ive got a proline trifecta that im planning to mount up before i take it out next time. I imagine it will hold up a little better. ive also got an extra diff that im planning to fill with a different oil to do some more experimenting, but im really happy with the 5k-7k-3k setup (keeping in mind that our local indoor track is extremely slippery, and its really cold right now. id guess 40F). the only complaints i really have at this point, is that there is really no camber adjustment for the front wheels, and there are no extra shock mounting positions on the a arms. it would be really nice to have the extra adjustment options. if anyone from one of the aftermarket companies is reading this, make some aluminum arms with an extra mounting position, and an aluminum wing mount. i imagine pretty much everyone who owns this car would buy those items. adjustable upper arms would be really nice too, but i dont think quite as many people would buy those up since the stock ones are plenty durable enough to withstand a beating.

• Like 1

I thought these came with pillow balls up front ?? If so to adjust camber can you not just screw in or out top and bottom pillow ball  ?? 

Last i checked there was an upgraded wing mount by Arrma for release in the new year i believe ?? 

• Like 1

There are pillow balls, but it doesnt seem like a good idea to unscrew them as ive ripped 2 of them right through the a arms. My thoughts are that the further theyre threaded in... and the more plastic theyre biting into, the more durable the setup. after breaking 2 of them, i removed the plastic spacers, and it seems the extra couple millimeters of thread has helped them hold up much better. I guess this wouldnt be an issue with aluminum lower arms. I havent seen anything about an upgraded wing mount yet, but I'd be surprised if they didn't offer one at the rate people seem to be breaking the stock ones. Aside from the wing mount and a arms, i couldn't be happier as far as durability goes. Although i probably wouldn't be as happy with the electronics if i were running 6s. I'm pretty sure the high voltage has to be what is cooking escs and servos, because I've had no trouble whatsoever running only 4s. *knock on wood.