• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

corsair maiden flight repair help

ok so took the old girl out today for her maiden and my first ever real world flight (nothing like the sims at all)

so the first flight went well got in the air for 5 minutes and landed ok. sent it up for the second run and as I banked round for the landing approach I used a abit of rudder to bring it straight...however I didn't realise that it wasn't perfectly straight up and down it was banked over slightly so obviously as I used the rudder it made the plane flip and nose dive.

so first question is... the prop was snapped in half so wondering what options I have, the original is a parkzone 9.5 x 7.5, 2 blade

just wanting to know what else I could use as these originals are quite hard to come by and expensive compared to a lot of others, also would it be worth getting 3 blade?

second question is....two of the flaps snapped off so what make/model of glue should I be using for foam?

all good fun :)

cheers guys

ok so took the old girl out today for her maiden and my first ever real world flight (nothing like the sims at all)

so the first flight went well got in the air for 5 minutes and landed ok. sent it up for the second run and as I banked round for the landing approach I used a abit of rudder to bring it straight...however I didn't realise that it wasn't perfectly straight up and down it was banked over slightly so obviously as I used the rudder it made the plane flip and nose dive.

so first question is... the prop was snapped in half so wondering what options I have, the original is a parkzone 9.5 x 7.5, 2 blade

just wanting to know what else I could use as these originals are quite hard to come by and expensive compared to a lot of others, also would it be worth getting 3 blade?

second question is....two of the flaps snapped off so what make/model of glue should I be using for foam?

all good fun :)

cheers guys

I'd try a 10x6eprop,, get it from Hobbyking UK ,they'd be your cheapest..

For the flaps you can use UHU POR (it's foam safe) glue and perfect for hinges,,

or you can use M3 hinge tape(hobbyking)..

SEan