• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's S-Workz S350 BE1 EU

.AJ.

These arrived in the post today

20141016_140656_zpscjll62rw.jpg

I always thought the stock towers were always a bit of let down, so bought the towers from PSM in Germany, they are 5mm carbon and the machining on them is gorgeous, also got a 16t pinion to gear her up a bit, she should be good for around 45mph now on 4s

Edited by .AJ.

Had her round our track today and all I can say is she has Too Much steering lol, goes round a the track like a 1/10 on steroids, the handling is just awesome and the electrics are perfect, also the set up I got off Kevin Brunsden works great, can't wait to take her to a full sized 1/8 track in a few weeks :)

Edited by .AJ.
  • Like 2

That's was with the Amp limiter completely off, if I dropped it down to 70% reckon I could get another 5mins or so, the IP Lipo's are just epic, the punch is crazy and pretty much no drop off in performance through the packs

How do you find running with the red springs , i had to swop over to blacks all round and play with the droop at the rear for it to stay on the rails round the corners , it does turn sharp into corners with is a bonus , you have to upload a video of it running

I tried Black springs, but on our track we have a section of short pile mega grippy Astro and rather than trim my tyres I just upped the springs to lose a bit of grip, I'll go back to Blacks on a proper 1/8th track were there ain't as much grip tho

Glued up another set of wheels today, finally got a set of Silver Spirals, I did order a set from Rc-Bits last Friday but for some reason they never posted them and never replied to my emails so I've started a paypal dispute against them. Instead I ordered a set direct from Schumacher yesterday and they arrived this morning

20141024_183750-1_zpsyksbjzwq.jpg

Edited by .AJ.

Lots of people run standard shaped shells with side guards off the nitro version, but tbh I quite look the puny looks and she certainly stands out form the crowd, plus my custom shell should be back soon, my painter has had it for over a week now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of people run standard shaped shells with side guards off the nitro version, but tbh I quite look the puny looks and she certainly stands out form the crowd, plus my custom shell should be back soon, my painter has had it for over a week now :)

Any updates on this? I never got on with mine so I'm keen to know how you find it. Have you raced it yet or do you have any plans to?

Shes just sitting pretty at the mo, was thinking of taking a trip to Swindon tomorrow but the weather looks rubbish, but might pop down next Sunday for the practice day tho :)

I'll be racing at Swindon tomorrow, my weather app says it's going to be a dry day! I'll keep an eye out for you in case you come along. I don't bother with the pratice days, with the limited play time my wife allows me it's race days only!