• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Radio advice needed.

wade7575

I'm going to be getting a new Radio in the near future and I need advice on one thing.

I had a Futaba 3PMX and hated it more then any other radio I have ever had because I found for my trigger finger that the gap was to tight and I really did not like it at all and most of my friends with smaller finders said the same thing,I had a 2 Tatic radios that come with the Aquacraft boat's and the trigger was a dream compared to my Futaba.

I'm looking at getting a Spectrum DX4C and I was wondering if the gap is as small on it as it is on the Futaba.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPM4200

I'm also looking at an Airtronics MV-X I'm not looking to get anything to fancy I don't to buy a radio from HobbyKing more because by the time I have it shipped I can get on here for about 10 bucks more.

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/airtronics-mx-v-pistol-grip-with-w-p-receiver-3ch-2-4ghz-fh2-radio.html

Edited by wade7575

from the rear of the trigger to the front on the inside its going to be roughly 23mm, my trigger finger is roughly 13mm in the same places, or there abouts

i have the dx4s but the trigger should be the same size on the dx4c aswell

and well done for asking a question i have never seen nor thought i'd ever see.

Do you find the Spectrum you have glitchs at all or have you heard anyone complain about this.

My Futaba used to hurt my finger it was so tight.

from the rear of the trigger to the front on the inside its going to be roughly 23mm, my trigger finger is roughly 13mm in the same places, or there abouts

i have the dx4s but the trigger should be the same size on the dx4c aswell

and well done for asking a question i have never seen nor thought i'd ever see.

Edited by wade7575

Do you find the Spectrum you have glitchs at all or have you heard anyone complain about this.

My Futaba used to hurt my finger it was so tight.

been using spektrum since they release the dx3.0, never had an issue, know alot of people who hate them because they had problems, know alot of people who have had no problems like myself.

only thing i notice is a significant lag in control the further away you get, not used futaba or anything so dunno if thats the norm but you getting used to it and  learn to anticipate (usally 1/4 - 1/2 sec delay from pressthing throttle to car moving)

Well I seen this one at a good price and pulled the trigger pun intended.

I liked the price plus I was not sure about the Spectrums I know the first Spectrum that looed like or maybe they were the DX2.0's but ask anyone that ever used one in a Baja they could never get much more then 50 to 100 feet of range,I seen the newer Spectrums and thought maybe they fixed them but I guess not from what I read on 10 differnet forums,plus I was not to keen on the Futaba systems don't get me wrong they truly are great but I really hate the trigger and my 3PMX always hurt my finger.

I read nothing bad to say about Airtronics and thought why not my XL2P was a great Radio back in the plus lot's of top level guys are still running Airtonics,I just never thought to look them up they don't seem to advertise to much anymore and fly under the radar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191129378810?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I liked the price plus I was not sure about the Spectrums I know the first Spectrum that looed like or maybe they were the DX2.0's but ask anyone that ever used one in a Baja they could never get much more then 50 to 100 feet of range

guess i break that mold then, because i run the dx4s in my baja and my marder, i also used the dx3.0 and dx3c in said baja without a problem.

the problem people have isn't cause by the transmitter, its down to the receiver, i'm yet to find anyone with an issue of the dx4s/c systems so far.

but its your money due, i personally have alot of faith in spektrum set ups

Don't get me wrong guys I'm not saying that Spectrum can't put out radio's that work in each batch,but from what I always heard back in the day from guys on the HPI Baja forum if someone had a Spectrum in their Baja and had range problems and they were told to change it and if they did they come back saying that they changed out their Spectrum to Futaba they always said they got great range,I'm not saying this is this case with every Spectrum.

I honestly think the Spectrums look great and have a lot going for them I just had them at the bottom of my list because I don't want to have to send it back if I have a range problem with it,I know I posted a Spectrum as well but it was more of a last pick if everything I heard about Airtronics was worse.