• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Grit in engine heatsink

RCAdam

Was using nitro in a gravel/loose stone car park, a few tiny stones are now around the glow plug and heatsink, If i remove the glow plug i don't want grit to fall in the engine, whats the easiest way to remove them?

here is a little tip. 

when you have no compressed air , grab yourself a thin skinny straw and use this to direct a good lung full of air around the dirty areas. 

second tip and more a TOOL tip......... in my rc box/baggie/backpack/flightbox/commandcenter 

i have a small device called a rocket blower, you can find these on ebay and likes.

its a smallish rubber bulb with a nozzle on the end and is used in photography to blow out

the insides of cameras, and when i say blow its like a little air jet with some force.

its a very handy thing to have in your box, allowing a hobbyist to get into those awkward areas to clean from dust and grime.

• Like 1