• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bad Horsie Diff Grease

TMaxxDave

Hey everyone, has anyone heard of bad horsie? I've just been reading up on it. It sounds pretty good.

It's a heavy grease which appears to give the effect of a limited slip diff or locked diff without actually locking it up.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Edited by TMaxxDave

Hi

I have used gravity rc 1 million or 2.5 million cst grease in the front diffs of everything from 1/10th touring cars to large scale petrol buggies and its awesome stuff. In some conditions an with the right suspension set up better than a LSD. Plus you can buy it in the UK now.

Tom

I need something like that for the ball diff in Baby Badger. Failing that I'll just take the balls out and lock it up tighter than a ducks bottom.

Honest opinion, not a winner on here...

Having a locked/LSD diff is probably great for certain applications, but not all. Think on, the RC world moved on from grease to silicone oils, which have far more tuning potential being available in different weights.

One tub of grease is just that, at the same grade/stiffness, so has no tuning benefits for someone who wants heavy front and heavier center, but light rear, for example.

Yeah, they do have some shops that sell them, but they're a small company. Being as they're not a huge company, ordering from their site is the easiest, unless your LHS happens to be a seller for them.

Try looking and see if you can find Mercury Marine Grease it should look brown in color and be very tacky and sticky,I have also used Marine Grade Wheel Bearing grease as well and it's pretty good.

If you have sealed diff's I recommend diff fluid I always find it works better then Grease for me,I find the grease get's pushed away from the gears after a short while and then does not work as good over a longer period of time.