• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another losi 5ive clone?

bunnie

I do believe that the DBX is licensed, So we know that there are companies(Chinese) outside of the so called big boys that are more than capable of designing and producing these things, So until it's clarified either way, Who are we to say that the Baja or 5ive never originated from the same stable, And is being produced under the same conditions, Other than the Losi name, The DBX with it's 2 bolt Chinese engine is no better than KM or Rovan.

I think it's more than fair to say that apart from the engine, The Hpi Baja is no more mechanically sound than the KM, The only argument at the moment as to what way you go seems to be this so called moral one, Which to me, Becomes weaker and weaker everyday, And it's my money that I work flaming hard for, The moral one doesn't even enter my mind, Especially if it's a moral argument based on assumptions.    

Amen.

What if behind the scenes hpi helped the clones. Or the person running the manfucating side sells secrets or something.

I think they wait for popular upgrades to so y

They can clone an upgrsded model straight out the box.

Roval lt305 has a issue with the clutch housing which looks like a clone of an upgraded part. Thers afew build thread reviews on the lt305

Km will surly beat that clone tho.

I also think the dbrx is a kinda clone but losi jumped on it at the end well horizon atleast.

The only place it says losi on the truck is the stickers on the shell. No plastics say losi not even the battery door. The wheels and hexs arent the same as losi 5 i think hemi said.

Ide like to know the ins and outs too any sale improves numbers of buyers for all of them clone to genuine. So ther is motive.

Isnt china building a full size clone of the titanic too. That's probably ther biggest clone lol.

Bmws , hummers , mini , a host of other luxuary cars cloned already on sale i wonder if any have long use reviews by westeners yet. Check them out lol they slightly slightly change a body line and say its not a clone lol.

the bmw x5 they made the rear windows smaller ther rolls royce phatom clone looks totally fake tho other look ok cosmetically.

Could china be build our cars in the future? They took over rover mg i think.

Edited by RCbutcher

Don't know why people keep calling the DBXL a clone ..... it isn't!

It was made by RCMK, who tried to launch it but never got it off the ground. Losi bought the design and market it under their name. A clone is a copy.....the DBXL is not a copy.

That aside.....

The price for the clone 5ive will be the critical thing. Needs to be pitched in much the same way as the Baja clones.... not in competition with someone with the funds to buy a 'genuine' new car....but lined up directly against the price of a good used one. That's where the sales will come. Losi fans will still buy Losi, but those who don't plan on putting money in the Losi coffers can make a choice.

Oh...and it needs to be good enough.

If its cheap enough I may get one to scratch my 1/5 itch and stick a brushless system in it so I can use it are my favourite bash sites with annoying the locals.

There's only one set up capable of running a 5ive, owing to the weight, and that's an mgm/lehner set up....and tbh, you may as well just order the rtr from mgm...a snip at

I use to have a Baja clone from Rovan but I dont really like how the Baja is built. Personally I Think its a mess to work with. Its not that very "accessible". Been waiting for an alternative to the original 5ive-T. I really like the layout of the 5ive T as it seems very nice to work with. But  then theres the Money... I just cant see myself putting up that kind of cash for an original 5ive-T...

Edited by ICONIC
  • Like 1