• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Unsoldering motor connections

Pistonhead

got any pics?

and,..

same motor mount?

Fair comment, the motor has gone from one car to an almost identical car. However, although it's only on 4s, it could just be very over-geared. You can't really under-gear it as it's only on 4s. I've not had one of these, so don't know what ratio is best, but I'd start with dropping two teeth off of the pinion and starting the testing again.

Same situation happened to me a before, and it turns out I wasnt tinning the wire properly before soldering connectors. A properly tinned and soldered connector would need extreme heat to unsolder itself.

Imo you're joints are unsoldering because of poor contact patch between connector and wire, could be cause of extreme heat too as poor contact leads to more resistance which equals heat.

And you are over geared for your setup. The St-e is a much heavier beast than the Hyper 7. So would need to gear accordingly or you will be seeing a ball of flames in the near future.

• Like 1

I have a feeling the motor may be the cause of my problems, re soldered the connection that came off and did about 10 mins of speed runs when it happened again, motor still very hot and on closer inspection, the rear cap on the motor has come away from the main casing very slightly.

Sorry about lack of pics - forgot to take any, but i will get a close up of the motor a bit later.

• 2 weeks later...